Case Re_opened

Cheekoo

Registered Users (C)
Today my Case is reopened.

The msg for my and spouse I140 + I485 changed to ...
I140 ....
On April 18, 2006, this case was reopened on a BCIS motion, and the case is now in process. It is taking between 90 and 485 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

I485 ....
On April 18, 2006, this case was reopened on a BCIS motion, and the case is now in process. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

My question is ... What is meant by " BCIS motion" ?

cheekoo,

Gald to know finally your case got reopened.
best of luck with your further proceedings.

Cheekoo said:
Today my Case is reopened.

The msg for my and spouse I140 + I485 changed to ...
I140 ....
On April 18, 2006, this case was reopened on a BCIS motion, and the case is now in process. It is taking between 90 and 485 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

I485 ....
On April 18, 2006, this case was reopened on a BCIS motion, and the case is now in process. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

My question is ... What is meant by " BCIS motion" ?
Cheekoo,

I am trying to understand your application timeline from your signature. When did you receive RFE for employment letter and pay stubs? Looks like sometime in 2005, is it true? When you received the RFE, do you know if your priortiy date was current or not? I am trying to understand if the USCIS asks for RFEs when one's PD is current or it does not matter.

Thanks,
Explorer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankx Babyluck .....

TODAY also 19/4/2006 .. LUD Changed on all three I140 and 2 I485 .... I have my fingers crossed. My Lawyer said that it should be over within a few days .. lets see

I got RFE in OCT 2005. PD is current

Cheekoo said:
Thankx Babyluck .....

TODAY also 19/4/2006 .. LUD Changed on all three I140 and 2 I485 .... I have my fingers crossed. My Lawyer said that it should be over within a few days .. lets see

I got RFE in OCT 2005. PD is current

You should get a notice on that offical form saying that your case is re-opened. This message will be different that the one you currently got online.
Also there will be a bunch of LUDs, so, keep cool.

Are u working on EAD or H1?

Pacha_Card, Are u working on EAD or H1? This will give us a relief as which is better EAD or H1? Also, can you let me know after doing AC21 is ur old employer still supporting you?

Correction - Are u working on EAD or H1?

Cheeko, Are u working on EAD or H1? Are u working on EAD or H1? This will give us a relief as which is better EAD or H1? Also, can you let me know after doing AC21 is ur old employer still supporting you?

- Earlier question was intended for cheeko and not pacha.

checkmate said:
Cheeko, Are u working on EAD or H1? Are u working on EAD or H1? This will give us a relief as which is better EAD or H1? Also, can you let me know after doing AC21 is ur old employer still supporting you?
- Earlier question was intended for cheeko and not pacha.

This message board allows you to delete or make changes to your earlier post.

EAD ..... wats better I cant tell ... i guess as long as you are on H1 you somehow have a back up on shape of EAD. I nevr used H1 so no idea.

Yes .. old emp did support me , say.. he never tried to revoke I140. He gave affidavit that he had a bonafide job offer at the time he hired me.

Guys .. just wanted to update.

I called USCIS this morning, talk to a lady who did not bother to ask my A# or Case receipt #, just asked me what the Notice Date on my Re-opened letter. put me on hold for a few minutes and came back with the statement that since my notice date in April 2006, and VSC is working on March 2005, it would take another year or so.

Evening, I got Notice for FP3 this weekend. The letter says if I did not appear for the CODE 1 Biomatrics as schedules my case will be considered abandoned. "THREAT" :)

Guys .... whats Code 1 of Bio.matrix ?

UPDATE :

I called uscis. The lady sounded polite and nice. I pretended like I am new to this world. As my case was re-opened due to USCIS Motion. .. She said that my case was recently reviewed and its in the Re-view que and NOT in the bacKlog.

I re-asked her about generating an enquiry, then she said "as usuall" the website has all the info. She said my case was recently reviewed