Case proceeding in Vermont but living outside the belt

NOV28

Registered Users (C)
I would like to know and share our thoughts whose cases are filed at Vermont but are living outside its serving belt.

I am staying in Bay Area California but my case is filed at Vermont Center as my labor was from the state of New Jersey. During my labor application I was working in New York City. After my project in NYC, I moved to Bay Area California but the processing is still continued at Vermont, as employer is based in New Jersey. As per the lawyer and at the time of filling my I-485, Vermont cases were proceeding quicker and transferring the case to California, who knows what surprises would be store.

My details:
RD 11/28/01
ND 12/../01
FP 03/../02
AP ../../..

My name is Kalpesh Shah, for whom NOV28 is more annoying

same boat

i am in a similar situation too. Why are you saying that there could some surprises in our kind of cases. There are lots of consultants who are processing cases in VSC and living elsewhere.
I dont foresee any problems.

my labor took 3 1/2 years. I don't want to elaborate more but things were not working for me. Only I-140 came quickly to my surprise, when I was expecting 6-8 months.

How about you, are you from California too. And by the way I am not saying in anyway people staying outside the Vermont belt their cases will be scrutinized

Relax Dudes ...

Relax guys, there shouldn't be a problem.

My GC was filed at VSC and I stay in the Bay Area, CA. The entire GC process went on at VSC and I haven't been in the East Coast at all - my company had a branch out there and about 3 yrs ago VSC was faster than CSC. The whole process took close to 2 and a half years.

My application got approved and I have got my PP stamped at SFO. So, it's not really a problem.

All that you would have to do when you go for stamping is tell them that you are here on a project (since the center that the approval notice would specify would be Baltimore, MD).

Hope this helps.

RD- Aug 23' 01
AD - Aug 02 '02
PP stamped at SFO on Aug 16 '02.

JUst relax

I was in NJ when my labor was cleared. I filed I-485 giving Phoenix address but case remained in Vermont. Then I changed job after 8 months of filing of I-485 and moved to Chicago but my case remained in Vermont and got approved.
So in my case I moved from Vermont Zone to California's then to Nebraska's but got approval from Vermont only.
Unless your employer's head office moves case will remain where it is.

Same case with me

My company's HQ is in NJ but I live in bay area. I think that should not be a problem because other people in my company (from bay rea) got their GC from Vermont and stamped the passport in San Francisco CA.

Yamla

Last edited by a moderator: