Case Number at post FP stage?

Rajax

Registered Users (C)
Fello forumers,

When is a Case Number actually created?

1) filed N400 6th Nov 04, did not receive any receipt notice from Laguna Niguel. (Should I?)

2) Received FP notice in 3rd week of Nov and completed FP on 8th Dec 04

At this point , dont not have any evidence of the filing except the USPS tracking. bank, and the cyclostyle FP receipt. we did not keep a copy of the only thing we got from USCIS (FP notice) for our file :D

Should I have a "case" number at this stage?

Thanks..
rajax phx az

Rajax said:
Fello forumers,

When is a Case Number actually created?

1) filed N400 6th Nov 04, did not receive any receipt notice from Laguna Niguel. (Should I?)

2) Received FP notice in 3rd week of Nov and completed FP on 8th Dec 04

At this point , dont not have any evidence of the filing except the USPS tracking. bank, and the cyclostyle FP receipt. we did not keep a copy of the only thing we got from USCIS (FP notice) for our file :D

Should I have a "case" number at this stage?

Thanks..
rajax phx az

YOU SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED A RECEIPT NOTICE BEFORE YOUR FINGERPRINT NOTICE.
THERE IS A CASE NUMBER ON FINGERPRINT NOTICE, BUT YOU DIDN'T KEEP A COPY. NOW ONWARDS KEEP A COPY OF EVERYTHING YOU GET FROM USCIS.
THERE SHOULD BE A RECEIPT NUMBER BACK OF YOUR CANCELLED CHECK.

Case number

Rajax,

You really should have recieved a reciept in the mail. It is disturbing that you did not.

But, your reciept number (what they call it) should have been stamped by USCIS on the back of your cancelled check. If you can get a copy of it (both sides) from your bank or credit union, you will have the number.

Ours (my w's actually) starts with SSC*000

-Ocelot

Any Phoenix AZ tracking out there?

Anyone in the forum from Phoenix AZ running a N400 against USCIS ? How is it going? Here are my dates:

PD: Nov 2,2004
N400 sent: Nov 6. 2004
FP Notice: Nov 22, 2004
FP Done: Dec 8, 2004

Thanks,

Rajax
phx az

[friend of mine in Phx last year started April 04 and completed Oath Oct 04. the Phx District processing still shows they are working on March 04.]

Which is the Receipt number from back of cancelled check?

Amishah & Ocelot:

help. I got hold of the copy of the cancelled check. Several printed numbers sets. Here's what i have at the back:

1) In the area where we endorse checks, I have the following:

----------------------------------
For Credit to the US Treasury
DOJ/USINS <10 digits>
110904 COW8635B 70-01-0103

WSC$ < 9 digits >
---------------------------------

2) In the top right area of the check I have the following:

--------------------------------
<unintelligble number string>
E3861 53D LA,CA 23
11/10/04 :::::::::: CA40
<large print 10 digit number>

3) In the bottom right area of the check I have the following:

11/12/04 E2122 01 P01
<large print 10 digit number>

Which one is my application receipt number?

Thanks!
Rajax
phx az

It is the first one: WSC*<9-digit number>.
You put $ sign instead of *. Is that what you see?

yes that is what i have ($). having gone through the greencard stuff, i know WSC something looks like an app number right?

but no. I call USCIS and give my A# from my Green card and they give me an entirely new application number starting with WAC!!!!!

Also the lady tells me that the online case status webpage needs 13 characters but all N400 cases have only 12 digits case #s and that USCIS is fixing it.

Rajax
phx- az

Have you tried...

Rajax,

Have you tried changing the $ to a * and putting that in the on-line status system?

After the * there should be 9 digits, I think.

-Ocelot

I Was Mistaken

Rajax,

I've had a look at my cancelled check and found that whoever told me about this was mistaken - and I've just propogated the mistake to you.

The number on the back of my check also has a $ in it - "SSC$" - while the reciept has "SSC*" - and a different 9 digit number. Unless the reciept number is amongst the illegible smudges, it's not there.

Sorry,

-Ocelot

Case Number not in back of my check!

Ocelot, and All:

HERE IS THE WEIRDEST THING:: :D :D

I called USCIS enquiry system to ask for my N-400 case number. System said 7 minutes wait. Someone came online in 6!!!! (oh my!)

She was very polite (contractor?) and I explained the situation. She asked for my Green Card A#. With that she could my N400 Case number which looked NOTHING like anything in the back of my cancelled check!!!

She told me another thing - that my case number is only 12 digits long but and thats fine - the USCIS online case website "has a problem accepting 12 digit application numbers and they are fixing it."

On asking for file activity, she said the file had been last touched so and so date /time (48 hrs earlier). but could not say why or any more info.

SO WHAT's WITH THE BACK OF THE CANCELLED CHECK approach in my case?? is this back of check thing for real? :D

Rajax
phx az