• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Case Number 2008AF00042XXX

drenthe

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum, I would be thankful if you can provide me with some information about my Case number which is 2008AF42XXX. Do I still have some chances to get picked up for an interview?
In the past , had this kind of number ever been called before for the interview?

They posted me the NL in May 02, 2007, and the country from where the NL was posted is Sweeden. I received the NL the 24th of May and I send it them back filled with the personnal Info. two weeks later.

Knowing that I am from Morocco and that I have a bachelor in Business Administration, should I still hope, or just forget about it since my case number is really really high.

If you need to ask me questions in order to collect info that may help, just do not hesitate to ask.

I am waiting for your help.
Thank you

They is Hope

They are almost 100,000 people selected each year and only 55,000 visa's are avaliable with 5,000 of this visa being used by the USCIS leaving only 50,000 avaliable. I think there is hope and this depends mostly from the number of winners from Morocco. For each eligible country has 7% of the 50,000 avaliable visa. I am from Cameroon and i have some friends here who immigrated last year with the DV lottery and their numbers 2007AF00050xxx. So just file the forms as directed by the KCC and keep your fingers crossed. Most cases with higher numbers are usually processed towards the end of the DV year which is August and September. So i will advice you to carry on your life as it has always been and pray for the best.

They are almost 100,000 people selected each year and only 55,000 visa's are avaliable with 5,000 of this visa being used by the USCIS leaving only 50,000 avaliable. I think there is hope and this depends mostly from the number of winners from Morocco. For each eligible country has 7% of the 50,000 avaliable visa. I am from Cameroon and i have some friends here who immigrated last year with the DV lottery and their numbers 2007AF00050xxx. So just file the forms as directed by the KCC and keep your fingers crossed. Most cases with higher numbers are usually processed towards the end of the DV year which is August and September. So i will advice you to carry on your life as it has always been and pray for the best.

Thank you very much my dear.
Need another one to answer to my questions, just to know more:) and thank you..

Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum, I would be thankful if you can provide me with some information about my Case number which is 2008AF42XXX. Do I still have some chances to get picked up for an interview?
In the past , had this kind of number ever been called before for the interview?

Well It is my honest opinion that even with a high number you still have a chance. I have one of the highest numbers for the EU, but I am still fairly hopeful. Now I cant say 100% that some one with a case number in your range has been granted a GC. However saying that if you look at last years DV program then the case numbers went from 35,000 to current in August. So in theory you would have had a window of two months to get your visa. While that is tight, its still very possible. As long as you had a good CP interview, docs ready and no delays then you could have most likely gotten your visa with that number in 2007. That is all we really have to go on. The best advice, which is given over and over on this forum is to get on with your day to day life and forget about winning. If you get called for visa interview, you get called. Its just a waiting game to those with high case numbers, you are by no means the only person in this position.

.... i have some friends here who immigrated last year with the DV lottery and their numbers 2007AF00050xxx....

I'm sorry to say that I don't believe that. Last year the last number for Africa was 35.500. So how come this your friend from Cameroon obtained a DV visa with a number greater 50.000?

Last edited by a moderator:
However saying that if you look at last years DV program then the case numbers went from 35,000 to current in August.

What does "CURRENT" mean? Does it mean that every applicant who didn't got second letter have chance to do CP interview or what?

What does "CURRENT" mean? Does it mean that every applicant who didn't got second letter have chance to do CP interview or what?

CURRENT means the cutoff number published for last month is applicable for "current" month.
When you see "current" in bulletin for July it means the cutoff number that was published in June ist "current" or applicable in july.

CURRENT means the cutoff number published for last month is applicable for "current" month.
When you see "current" in bulletin for July it means the cutoff number that was published in June ist "current" or applicable in july.

This is completely wrong! I would encourage everyone, first of all myself, to be very careful dispensing advice that could make or break someone's chances to sucessfully obtain a visa, I have been on the other side and know how stressful it is. If possible, always provide a link to the relevant US goverment website.

For the definition of "current", just read the latest visa bulletin:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3827.html

5. On the chart below, the listing of a date for any class indicates that the class is oversubscribed (see paragraph 1); "C" means current, i.e., numbers are available for all qualified applicants; and "U" means unavailable, i.e., no numbers are available. (NOTE: Numbers are available only for applicants whose priority date is earlier than the cut-off date listed below.)

When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

So, when a specific country or region is shown as "current", visas are potentially available for everyone who was selected regardless of your rank number. Of course, you still need to receive an appointment from the US embassy for an interview, you can't just walk in. This should occur in order of rank number, that's why it's called a rank number! It is also possible for a specific country to switch from "current" to "unavailable" in the same month once all available visas for that country have been used up, an example being Bangladesh in the last month of DV2007.

http://dhaka.usembassy.gov/uploads/images/ZMiVfehJ19WADihVyP4L7w/pre1sep04_07.pdf

I'm sorry to say that I don't believe that. Last year the last number for Africa was 35.500. So how come this your friend from Cameroon obtained a DV visa with a number greater 50.000?

It is quite possible. Take a look at the Visa Bulletin for September 2007:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3761.html

AFRICA CURRENT Except:

Egypt: 23,900
Ethiopia: 16,000
Nigeria: 20,700

Since no cut-off for Cameroon was specified, it is quite possible that someone with a rank number greater than 50,000 received a visa. Remember, 100,000 DV2007 applicants were selected since it was expected that many applicants either would be found to be ineligible or would not pursue their applications to a completion.

I got it wrong. I'm sorry

It is quite possible. Take a look at the Visa Bulletin for September 2007:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3761.html

AFRICA CURRENT Except:

Egypt: 23,900
Ethiopia: 16,000
Nigeria: 20,700

Since no cut-off for Cameroon was specified, it is quite possible that someone with a rank number greater than 50,000 received a visa. Remember, 100,000 DV2007 applicants were selected since it was expected that many applicants either would be found to be ineligible or would not pursue their applications to a completion.

Bahadur you are CORRECT, I was WRONG. I'm sorry for the wrong explanation. You see, its never too late to learn. I've been in this forum since April'07 and today I know the true meaning of "CURRENT".
I now see why KCC repeatedly asked those with NL to act fast and return the forms. All the high numbers will have to "fight" for the remaining visas between July and September. That means virtually everybody has a chance. It may get tight for winners from Nigeria, Ethiopia and Egypt with high numbers but they also have a chance. Why not!

Bahadur you are CORRECT, I was WRONG. I'm sorry for the wrong explanation. You see, its never too late to learn. I've been in this forum since April'07 and today I know the true meaning of "CURRENT".
I now see why KCC repeatedly asked those with NL to act fast and return the forms. All the high numbers will have to "fight" for the remaining visas between July and September. That means virtually everybody has a chance. It may get tight for winners from Nigeria, Ethiopia and Egypt with high numbers but they also have a chance. Why not!

We are all here to learn from each other.

Good luck on your interview!

iT'S Ok not to believe but that is the truth. As i said earlier, There is a 7% required from each participating DV lottery country and not more. So if winners from a particular country has higher numbers that gives them an opportunity to be interview and this depends on how high winners from that country case number were. As you correctly said, the cutoff was 35,000 true, after that it was current. As explained by KCC, when it says current it means, any body form that region can be interview even if they have higher numbers. That is why some contries DV cases are treated differently from others, like Nigeria for example because they usually have high number of winners because of it's population and each country is only eligible for 7%. You can call KCC and verify what current in the DV bullentin means if you have a case number. Take care

iT'S Ok not to believe but that is the truth. As i said earlier, There is a 7% required from each participating DV lottery country and not more. So if winners from a particular country has higher numbers that gives them an opportunity to be interview and this depends on how high winners from that country case number were. As you correctly said, the cutoff was 35,000 true, after that it was current. As explained by KCC, when it says current it means, any body form that region can be interview even if they have higher numbers. That is why some contries DV cases are treated differently from others, like Nigeria for example because they usually have high number of winners because of it's population and each country is only eligible for 7%. You can call KCC and verify what current in the DV bullentin means if you have a case number. Take care

Thank you My Brother Chengmcak, this was really the answer I wanted to read.
Now , it is clear for me. So, I can say that I should have some chances to be called for the interview probably next august or september. Right??

Well It is my honest opinion that even with a high number you still have a chance. I have one of the highest numbers for the EU, but I am still fairly hopeful. Now I cant say 100% that some one with a case number in your range has been granted a GC. However saying that if you look at last years DV program then the case numbers went from 35,000 to current in August. So in theory you would have had a window of two months to get your visa. While that is tight, its still very possible. As long as you had a good CP interview, docs ready and no delays then you could have most likely gotten your visa with that number in 2007. That is all we really have to go on. The best advice, which is given over and over on this forum is to get on with your day to day life and forget about winning. If you get called for visa interview, you get called. Its just a waiting game to those with high case numbers, you are by no means the only person in this position.
Hello everyone,
I'm new in this forum, I am also a winner of the DV2008 From Cameroon with a high case number AF00048XXX do you think I've any chance to be call up for interview? Please advice.
SMarley