Case never received in PBEC

everything_gud

Registered Users (C)
My employer's lawyer had filed my regular labor certification in March 2005 before the PERM started. All along i assumed that everything is ok and now for the past 3 months we have been trying to get proof of labor pending since my 6 yrs H1 expire in October 2006. We have to file for 7th year extension. We could not get any response to the may emails that were sent by me myself, my employer or even the lawyer. Lawyer kept saying that it will come and i need not worry. Now even the emails to the new email id as directed by DOL has been sent for no 45 day letter received. But no response to that also. Today i stumbled upon the 202# to be called to inquire about the cases in this forum. and i came to know that there is no case for me in the system. What should i do in this case?? Since i am due for 7th year extension and if there is no oending labor case existing for me how will be i able to get my 7th year extension?? Is there a way to get my case be considered by the DOL? Has anybody else faced such a problem?? Please any inputs/information/suggestions will be greatly appreciated, I have lost faith from the lawyers and i need to do something myself to fix this problem.
Thanks.

everything_gud said:
My employer's lawyer had filed my regular labor certification in March 2005 before the PERM started. All along i assumed that everything is ok and now for the past 3 months we have been trying to get proof of labor pending since my 6 yrs H1 expire in October 2006. We have to file for 7th year extension. We could not get any response to the may emails that were sent by me myself, my employer or even the lawyer. Lawyer kept saying that it will come and i need not worry. Now even the emails to the new email id as directed by DOL has been sent for no 45 day letter received. But no response to that also. Today i stumbled upon the 202# to be called to inquire about the cases in this forum. and i came to know that there is no case for me in the system. What should i do in this case?? Since i am due for 7th year extension and if there is no oending labor case existing for me how will be i able to get my 7th year extension?? Is there a way to get my case be considered by the DOL? Has anybody else faced such a problem?? Please any inputs/information/suggestions will be greatly appreciated, I have lost faith from the lawyers and i need to do something myself to fix this problem.
Thanks.

If your employer/attorney really filed the LC, they should have a receipt with case number from the State level authority that they received your LC application. It is obvious that all the LC applications received at the state level have been shipped to DBEC/PBEC long ago. Your employer or Attorney can then contact DOL with this receipt# and ask for the status.

All that my lawyer has is the DHL tracking number and i was told by her that no receipt of any kind was ever sent back to her that will prove that case was received. and the lawyer's standard reply was the DOL doesn't send any receipt of receiving the case. I don't know if that is true or that she just fooled me by saying that. But i am in deep mess now. Does anybody know of anyone who got their case registered with old PD when the case was actually sent by us??

Got same situation

everything_gud said:
All that my lawyer has is the DHL tracking number and i was told by her that no receipt of any kind was ever sent back to her that will prove that case was received. and the lawyer's standard reply was the DOL doesn't send any receipt of receiving the case. I don't know if that is true or that she just fooled me by saying that. But i am in deep mess now. Does anybody know of anyone who got their case registered with old PD when the case was actually sent by us??

everything_gud,

We are in the same boat. The things are exactly same to me too. My lawyer too is asking me to wait until one week before the expriy (in Oct'06). The lawyer has sent a letter to DBEC and also an email recently. Even my employer has sent the email. We have never received even an ack for that email so far. When I sent to h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us requesting for the snapshot for 7th yr ext, I got the following reply:

"You have reached the Dallas Backlog Elimination Center status inquiry mailbox. At this time, we are unable to provide status information on Permanent Labor Certifications."

Any developments in your side? Let me know.

Thanks.