Case Moved to Seattle, Office

Border Guy

Registered Users (C)
I just saw this on the online case status system:

On September 24, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in SEATTLE, WA for processing. Our office in SEATTLE, WA will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

Is this a good thing?

It is a good thing in the sense that they have taken a look at your file. Also, Seattle isn't that bad (compared to Chicago or Detroit). Typically they send out interview letters in 2-3 months time frame and the interview is usually a month thereafter (see the relevant thread under "local transfer cases" for current trends). For the most part, people do get approved at the time of interview or shortly thereafter. So you can reasonably expect an approval in the 3-4 month time frame.

Down side is that you will have a personal interview and approval is still a few months away. But IMO that is better than having to just wait for NSC to send you an RFE or approval.

BTW, what is your RD/ND FP date etc.

K.S.

Dates

RD Aug 01
2nd FP April 03

Thank you for your comments. This has been a very long process and I am hoping that it is comming to a positive conclusion.

One other advantage of local transfer is that you can inquire about the status of your case by walking upto the the Seattle office. The Seattle office also has an email/fax for enquiries (I dont seem to remember either one now but you can find that out from the Seattle office). I believe EAD/AP renewals can also be done locally.

Perhaps you should post your dates to the appropriate thread in the "local transfers" forum, where you will find other Seattle folks waiting.

K.S.