Case in WOrking area ....Does it mean assigned to an officer????? ND Dec2000

vscgc

Registered Users (C)
Few minutes ago I called VSC and talked an IIO . She is not helpful anyway. She said my case is in the working area. I asked whether it\'s assigned to an officer. She does not know . I enquired about my finger prints. She said she could not tell as it\'s in the working area. Wait for 6-8 weeks (std. reply). So folks... as per your knowledge... is it assigned to an officer or not yet?

Thanks in advance...

I called INS this morning too

Hi

I called INS Vermont and spoke to a Rep there at 8:30 AM (9/27).
My RD is 11/08/2000 and ND s 12/1/2000 FP 4/25/2001
She told me that my application is PENDING
I asked her what does that mean ? (like is it with an IIO or what ?
She says she cannot reveal that info. So I asked if everything is alright. Se says she cannot say anything now. I asked how much time it might take. She said she doesnot know.

So we dont know what is happening at VSC :-(

Good Luck !!

Here is my 2 cents:

My case has been assigned to officer for last 3 months.
Last week my lawyer called and she was told that
my file is in working area now.
As per my lawyer, "assigned to officer" does not mean that
file is being actively worked upon by officer
where as "in working area"
means that officer assigned to case is working on the file.
God knows which is what !!!

wish its true

I was told that , as file in working area, I should
expect to hear within 6 weeks..but I say to myself "Don\'t bet on it
kid !!"..

i was in the same boat

i spoke to iio twice during the whole process first on september 21st and i was told that my file was in the moving area, don\'t know what that means!!.and was told to wait for 30-60 days. then i again called on 25th and they tracked me down, saying that you called up on 21st and why once again?and there is no changes in the status call after 30 days, got little scared. and finally out of the blue\'s my case got approved on 09/27. atleast checked avm 4 times!! here are my details

EB2, RIR, INDIA
PD: 10/01/99
RD: 10/19/2000
ND: 11/20/2000
AD: 09/27/2001
NO RFE\'s IN THE WHOLE PROCESS
so it is really difficult to predict whats going on inside that black box. pray to god and all of us are bound to get fruitful results.

I am also in the same boat - ND 09/14/2000

Amal,
I called INS couple of months back. They told me, my case was in working area and it will take 4-6 weeks. I again called after 6 weeks, I got the message 30-60 days and the response is "My case is pending". I am not sure what is "Working Area" or "Pending".
If you have any response from INS regarding your case, please let me know. Thanks
My email ID : santhanagopal@hotmail.com.
Gopal