case has been sent for a standard interview.

Narayana_GC_Pls

I got the following message in email from USCIS both for myself and my spouse

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

On October 18, 2007, we transferred this case to our LINCOLN, NE location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our LINCOLN, NE location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register. "

1) Is this (interview) is a standard process?
2) Will they conduct interview and if so why do they conduct the interview?
3) Any idea about what they will ask in the interview?

Thanks in advance!

Some Cases Are sent to interview for no reason. Unless you have a criminal record or something like that you have nothing to worry about. Usually they want to verify your personal information and the Company's ability to pay. You will get an interview notice with a laundery list of things to bring to the interview. Bring all the things they aske and in a good thing to bring all the other documents you submitted with you application even if they don't ask for it. Bring original not copies especially things lika birth certificate, passprts etc.

other then it cause delay in the processing time its nothing to be concern about.

best of luck.

Eb2hope.

I got the following message in email from USCIS both for myself and my spouse

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

On October 18, 2007, we transferred this case to our LINCOLN, NE location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our LINCOLN, NE location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register. "

1) Is this (interview) is a standard process?
2) Will they conduct interview and if so why do they conduct the interview?
3) Any idea about what they will ask in the interview?

Thanks in advance!

Are you one of the 245i cases (filed labor or family before 4/30/01)? Most of those get automatic interview. Keep us posted.
THX!

We (wife and I) received a notice of transfer to NBC yesterday. We filed our labor on 4/30/2001 (245i case). Our case is very straight forward, no arrest record, still working for the company that sponsored me, taxes paid, I -140 has been approved, background check completed per infopass, and has never been out of status. Just really confused why we were transferred. I didn't get a transfer notice though for my son and daughter. Will their cases get transferred too? Thank you.

Narayana_GC_Pls, I was current in November '06 and my case was transfered from Texas to Tampa Florida 1/4/07 with that same message. Nothing happened for a while until I got in touch with my senator . I was summoned for a second set of finger prints and still nothing. I did an info pass and the IO at the desk showed me my case on the pc. At that time the note said scheduled for an interview but I never got any notice. A yeah to the date I became current I finally heard from them again.
By the way I am a 245i recipient (4/30/01) and I think I am finally getting somewhere :eek: In the last 2 weeks , I've had 3 different LUDs. The latest is that preliminary processing of my application /petition has been completed, and it has been transfered to the INS office in Lee Summit Mo. and the office will notify me when an interview is scheduled. Who knows when I will hear anything again :rolleyes:

Please report if you receive interview call from NBC. We are also looking to hear from NBC about the interview schedule.
We (wife and I) received a notice of transfer to NBC yesterday. We filed our labor on 4/30/2001 (245i case). Our case is very straight forward, no arrest record, still working for the company that sponsored me, taxes paid, I -140 has been approved, background check completed per infopass, and has never been out of status. Just really confused why we were transferred. I didn't get a transfer notice though for my son and daughter. Will their cases get transferred too? Thank you.

My interview was moved up due to an emergency and it was approved today 2/07/08. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting :D