Case finally Approval !!

MN-485

Registered Users (C)
:) Finally mine and my spouse's case has been approved. Here are my details. Waiting for the approval notice. Will post details after getting passport stamped.

PD - 7/23/99
RD - 7/03/01
ND - 8/16/01
FD - 2/08/02
AD - 8/26/02

Good luck to everyone. Thanks for all those encouraging and usefull messages posted on this forum.

received approval notice

Received approval notices for both me and my spouse. Will post the passpost stamping experience later.

Why it took so long for your case

Did they issue any REF? I guess you are the last one with RD 07/03. I am just curious, how frequently you checked AVM? Did you ever talked to IIO?

No RFE

You are right, I was one of the last to be approved with July 3rd RD. Not sure why.

I had called and talked to an IIO in the beginning of August but didn't get any proper reply. All they said was that my case was not assigned yet and they can't give me a time frame to expect any action on my case. They asked me to wait for 30 to 90 days.

I had spoken to two IIO's and they both gave me the same answer. They did keep track how many times I called.

As per checking the AVM I pretty much checked every evening. Finally they approved mine and my spouse's case. Luckily no RFE. I don't think I will ever find out why my case took longer. May be the efficiency of processing cases at NSC is the reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulation

Did your I-140 was processed for CP or from different processing center?
Thanks for your input in advance and congratulation

Passport stamping

My I-140 was approved from NSC.

We went to the INS office in Bloomington, MN around 5 AM on a monday and there were already around 15 people there before us. We were allowed to enter around 7 AM. After getting thru the rude security officers, we waited for 15 mts before the counters opened. We were the second to be served. The officer looked at our passport, EAD and approval notice, then got 2 pictures from each of us. Took our right index finger print and we were asked to sign a form to apply for the plastic card. We were done in less then 5 mts for each of us. We were out of the office around 7:40 AM. We were told that we would get the plastic card in 6 months to a years time.
We had no other problems. Good luck to all of you. Just be patient.