Case File Review Notice: what is it?

AndyStar

Registered Users (C)
My wife has received a Case File Review Notice/Interview Document Check List (yellow form). This forms just lists a few docs to be brought to a (future) naturalization interview which is not even scheduled yet (such as Birth Certificate, DL, Birth Certificates for kids etc). Is it a usual thing? Does it mean that her fingerprints are already cleared?

The letter says that if the original Birth Certificate is not in English one needs to bring an English translation. My wife actually has a professionally translated Birth Certificate (done by a certified translator) which is also notarized but does not have a state apostille. Is it enough or do we need a state apostille as well?
Thank you.

not to worry

that is just standard operating procedure,

that is just to informed you that while they were reviewing your application, it may be a possibility that at the time of the interview they IO may asked for those docs, that happens when they are about to schedule your interview. So expect to see a letter for interview withing a week or so.

Case File Review

I also received that letter on a yellow letter 3 weeks ago. I was so excited I was hoping to get the IL in the mail. Three weeks have passed and all I get in the mail are bills, junk mail, and more junk mail. :(

Does everyone receive such a notice before receiving an interview invitation letter? I have not received the notice although my wife and I sent our docs together.

I personally know two people who have received the document checklist with their interview notice. So, I would call the 800 # and ask to speak to an IO to see if you were scheduled for an interview and the notice was just not included with the document checklist. Better be safe than sorry.

I received Interview Letter two weeks after I received the Yellow Letter.The Yellow letter stated me to get Birth Certificate of my daughter and for myself.The same thing happened to my Spouse.

I received Interview Letter two weeks after I received the Yellow Letter.The Yellow letter stated me to get Birth Certificate of my daughter and for myself.The same thing happened to my Spouse.

Raj nice to hear that you got your IL. Could you share your timeline and DO with us? I think you would be in TSC as you got the yellow letter. I am especially looking for Finger Print, Yellow Letter, IL, interview date. I and some other posters are in the same situation as you so we could get some idea of what is going on.

Thanks.
AR

Did you and your spouse get the yellow forms at the same time? I have not received mine yet while my wife got it a few days ago.

Raj157 nice to hear that you got your IL. Could you share your timeline and DO with us? I think you would be in TSC as you got the yellow letter. I am especially looking for Finger Print, Yellow Letter, IL, interview date. I and some other posters are in the same situation as you were so we could get some idea of what is going on.

Thanks.
AR

PS:
Posting it again in hopes of a reply.

Here is my Timeline for N400.Sorry for not posting it in my earlier message.

N-400 Timeline (Dallas, TX)
N-400 Submitted - 7/7/2008
Priority Date - 7/9/2008
Finger Printing Date - 8/1/2008
Interview Notice Received - 8/16/2008
Interview Appointment - 9/23/2008
Oath Letter Received -
Oath Date -
Passport Applied -
Passport Received -