Case enquiry which might have trigered the approval

gchunger

Registered Users (C)
Hi All:

!!first of all let me congratulate you, who got approval!!!

did you any of you guys think because you did a case enquiry which might helped to triger the approval.

i am thinking of calling USCIS and would like to know will it help to speed up my case or it will delay....

please comment...

Hi GC hunger,

My personal advise is let your lawer or paralegal call UCIS and lodge a formal
inquiry.

Mine as I told you before --- An inquiry was made and there goes my 140 approval.So, go ahead with your inquiry .

Best wishes,

Raj---- ND 09/18/03 AD 12/16/04-- EB3

GcHunger,

Based on your 10/22/04 LUD on 140, I have a feeling that you might have received an RFE. In some cases USCIS generated an RFE but it was never received by the employer. Or is it a possibility that your employer got the RFE but forgot about it.

Can you ask your employer/legal dept. to call up USCIS and ask if there was any RFE on your case ?

Will_get_there,

Here is the text of my LUD(10/22/04) on I-140
======================================================
On October 21, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

when i ask my lawyer about this he replied......

EVERY TIME AN INQUIRY IS MADE, THE ONLINE CASE STATUS SITE MAY SHOW THIS MESSAGE
=================================================
please comment....

I would say contact your congress man or senator.Let your lawyer also initiate an enquiry,it doesn't hurt.When the lawyer initiates an equiry,some times it works, sometimes nothing happens(just like in my case,no response to enquiry).

i didn't do enquiry just called USCIS to change my address....

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my attorney send an enquiry on 12/14. I had also given my papers to the local congressman's office and sent an expedite request thru my HR on 12/15.

But, it seems that the only thing that might have helped was my attorney's query, since I got my approval mails at 11:30 PM on 12/14. Not sure if it triggered it, though.

GcHunger,

I also went thru address change but that did not change my 140 LUD and I though that was because 140 is a employer petition and employee address in not in that, just the name and work location.

In any case I am just waiting for new processing dates so I can be 30 days past and then I will make my paralegal call USCIS.

re:

could u please share the address change procedure. did u file ar11 and then call 800 number .also can doing an address change change the service center. did u move into an area which belonged to different service center

GcHunger,

That is the regular message USCIS posts for address changes.

I did my address change and surprised to see eaxctly the same message you have now. USCIS likes to keep us confused with their messages. You will receive a confirmation from USCIS at the new address with-in a month.