Case disappearing from USCIS

membercentric

Registered Users (C)
Is it true that the case disappears from the USCIS website 1-2 days before you receive the Interview letter in email?

No for me...

I would disagree. It is not necessary that case disappears only if you are to receive a IL. It could be for any other reason. For instance I have recd. my IL but my case still shows pending so far on their website although, it's not too long before I recd. it.

Also, you do not receive IL in email, it comes by regular USPS mail....

Last edited by a moderator:
2bc said:
I would disagree. It is not necessary that case disappears only if you are to receive a IL.
Completely agree with 2bc. My and spouse's cases disappeared from the USCIS web site on 8/23/06 but we have not received our interview letters as yet. Additionally, we have confirmed via Infopass appointments that both of us have cleared "Name Check" and are apparently in the "System Pickup" mode. What it means is that some stupid system at USCIS needs to automatically pick our cases to move it forward to interview phase. How stupid! Huh! :confused:

My case disappeared 4 days before receiving my IL back in October. My wife got her IL 4 days ago and her case still shows with no change in her last update info.

Alex_I said:
My case disappeared 4 days before receiving my IL back in October. My wife got her IL 4 days ago and her case still shows with no change in her last update info.
That just goes on to prove that "disappearing case status" is not a sure shot way to know that the interview letter is on the way. Oh well, there is no sure shot way for anything that involves USCIS. :mad:

I agree with takadigi....

My case didn't disappear till after I received my interview letter.

Definately doesn't mean that the interview letter is on its way if your case disappears from the USCIS website.

question for Takadigi

Takadigi,

You mentioned that your case is in "system pickup" mode. I have found out that my case is also waiting to be picked up by the system. Do you know if all cases go through this process or some do and others don't? Does this indicate that something is "odd" about the case?

Usually when the case disappears it means it has been forwarded to local DO. What that means is that interview letter can be on the way... But as we can see from some posts on this forum it is not a 100% rule. However, majority do get their IL within a week after the "case cannot be found" message appears in online case status.
I got my IL 2 days after the case dissapeared.