Case Disappeared online

jaxguy1

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I just checked USCIS website and my case disappeared with this message.

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Case Status Retrieval Failed
Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283.

Can someone confirm if this is the correct message when case disappears and file on its way to the DO?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
It is usually, but not necessarily a good sign (it may be a screw up or something else - that site is not the most reliable indicator of anything).

Good luck

Fbi #

Jaxguy1, congratulation on your interview letter and best wish on your interview. Do you know what's the number I should call to find out if my name check is cleared by FBI or not. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name Check

FinalstepN400, the only way you can get an update about your name check is to schedule an Infopass appointment or through your Congressional aid. There is no published FBI # that you can use to get your name check status. However, there is a FBI # that you can call to get the FP status. Please check the FAQ's in this forum to get this number.

I believe, I called this number 304-625-2000
Please try and let me know if its not correct number and I will dig up some papers. Good luck

jaxguy1,
Did you check your case status after you got your interview letter? Does it still show "validation errors"? Mine disappeared on Sunday but when I checked again the next day, my case number appeared again.
Thanks

I believe, I called this number 304-625-2000
Please try and let me know if its not correct number and I will dig up some papers. Good luck

Hey Jaxguy,

I called this number today, and it turned out this is the number for fingerprint not name check. Do you think you can find me the FBI name check number ?

Los Angeles
Petition Filed..........: 01/5/07
Priority Date...........: 01/9/07
Receipt Received.....: 01/23/07
FP Notice Received..: 01/24/07
FP done on.............: 02/10/07
Interview...............: ?????????
Oath.....................: ?????????

That is the only number I have. I must have checked the fingerprinting status back then.......well its been almost month a half already.......may be I need memory upgrade :)
After reading few posts in this forum, I don't think there is a phone number where you can call and get the status of background check.

Good Luck

That is the only number I have. I must have checked the fingerprinting status back then.......well its been almost month a half already.......may be I need memory upgrade :)
After reading few posts in this forum, I don't think there is a phone number where you can call and get the status of background check.

Good Luck

Thanks Jaxguy1, hopefully, my name is already cleared and i will get my interview letter soon. :)

Nope. With them not given interviews until name checks are cleared, getting your interview (and getting the "congratuations" form) means that you have a clear path towards naturalization. You either get the oath invite at the end of the interview, or the letter shows up in your mail a month or two later. Then you show up for the oath.