Case Disappeared after FP

Superman

Registered Users (C)
Both mine and my wife's cases disappeared after Fingure Printing. I get the following message when I check online:

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Case Status Retrieval Failed
Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283.

We both took Fingure Printing on Jan. 4th. I just checked my case online since we did not get Intiview Letters in two weeks. Last I checke3d as before with my case number in the same format. I do not understand what this means. Please help. Any body in the same situation ?

12/06/06: Mailed N400 to TX
12/11/06: Received DatePriority Date
12/12/06: Checks Cashed
12/15/06: Notice Date
12/20/06: I-797C, Notice of Action Received
12/26/06: FP Letter Received
01/04/07: FP Appointment. Case Disappeared after FP.
??/??/??: Interview/Oath

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want to get your hopes up but I got that message 4 days before I got my interview letter. I didn't check my case status daily so I do not have an accurate time-frame from the date it disappeared to the date I got the letter but most people believe that message preceeds the letter. As I mentioned before this does not mean you are getting a letter but if you are that's really fast. Good luck and let us know.

Superman,
Hope you remember me from the CP days (5 years back) when our papers got lost in Anthrax. I had my FP done on 4th January too, and my case status has not yet disappeared. Disappearing of case status is considered a good sign, but does not consistently happen to all. This usually means your file has been transferred from the service center to the local DO office ahead of your scheduled interview.

Good Luck,

- g

In reviewing posts, it seems to me that the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) is quite consistent in their methods i.e. if your case is at NSC, then chances of case disappearing when your file is transferred to local DO are very high.

Superman - are you within NSC jurisdiction?

Thank you. I am from Atlanta, TX SC.

01/04/07: FP Appointment

Hello, My Old Friend Gabbar. I remember you very well. Yes. I did CP at the same time. How you been ?. I am in Atlanta for last 3 yrs. Looks like File has been moved to local DO, Atlanta. I hope we will receive ILs next week. Thank you.

gabbar007 said:
Superman,
Hope you remember me from the CP days (5 years back) when our papers got lost in Anthrax. I had my FP done on 4th January too, and my case status has not yet disappeared. Disappearing of case status is considered a good sign, but does not consistently happen to all. This usually means your file has been transferred from the service center to the local DO office ahead of your scheduled interview.

Good Luck,

- g

Superman,
I cant remember for sure if your CP papers were also lost by NIV (confiscated by FBI as Anthrax scare evidence) and you had to do CP with Attorney certified copy of I-140. I havent yet got my interview date and sometimes it concerns me that may delay my interview.

-g

Gabbar,

I did not actually loose mine. But I was in the same vicinity. I remember all that fiasco very well.

same situation

i had the same problem so i decieded to call USCIS to find out the status of my case..they helped me about it ...so my suggestion to you to call them .....
second suggestions is that ; when you log in online system does not recognize you ,so in that case what you should do is that ; do not copy and paste your passwords and user id 's in to the log in box in uscis 's web site ,, you have to type them ......
try it and let me know the outcome
goodluck
turk 75

TURK 75 said:
i had the same problem so i decieded to call USCIS to find out the status of my case..they helped me about it ...so my suggestion to you to call them .....
second suggestions is that ; when you log in online system does not recognize you ,so in that case what you should do is that ; do not copy and paste your passwords and user id 's in to the log in box in uscis 's web site ,, you have to type them ......
try it and let me know the outcome
goodluck
turk 75

Thank you Turk. I tried several times following your instructions. Same message for me and my wife.

"Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Case Status Retrieval Failed
Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283 ".

I will call customer service tomorrow.

Same Situation

Superman, I am in same situation but just waiting for Oath. My case also disappeared with the Nebraska Service Center. I am also planning to call tomorrow. Lets connect back here. Thanks!

similar situation..

I just got my receipt notice after 4 weeks of filing.. but the online system won't recognize the number. I thought the systems are temporarily down.. Is this common.

uspass said:
I just got my receipt notice after 4 weeks of filing.. but the online system won't recognize the number. I thought the systems are temporarily down.. Is this common.

uspass...your reciept number might not be in the system yet since you only just got your receipt. Give it a day or so and try again. It should appear. If not, the system is probably screwed up as there are folks on this forum that have never been able to see their status online. :eek:

Hurray........!. Called USCIS

:) Inverview on Feb. 14th.

My wife called USCIS, TX. Regarding the disappearance of our case online. They called her that the Interview was scheduled for Feb. 14th. Still waiting for the Interview Letters though. Thank you for all of your support.

??/??/?? : Interview Letter (Still Waiting. Interview through Phone)
02/14/07: Interview/Oath

Congratulations Superman. My case has not yet disappeared from NSC (my FP was also on 4th Jan), but today I received my interview letter which is for March 8th.

-g