case closed by error

skorpio

Registered Users (C)
Suggestions anybody ?

Received a letter from Dallas BEC saying my case was closed for not responding to the 45 day letter which attorney never receive...am I screwed for good or can I still have hopes for reviving the case and get H1 extended? Attorney dashed off a letter by fedex to the BEC.

BEC will reopen the case once your attorney send the proof for the 45 day letter response.

It happend to my case also. BEC Dalls is taking long time to reopen the case. If the error is on BEC side then you get your old PD.

This is a slow process. I am going through the pain.

Pavan

anil

I am in same boat too. :( . Recd letter from BEC dALLAS that case is closed becoz attorney/company did not respond to 45 day letter.

Attorney and company never recd 45 day letter

P.D: May 2004.

R.D (Chicago): June 2004

Dear Pavan,

Has your issue been resolved? How long is the reopen process? My case
was in a similiar situation. It was in BEC Philadelphia and we did receive
the 45-day letter and replied immediately in early 2005. We received no
case status until we requested case screenshot in the Summer and found
out it had a status of CLOSED. My lawyer saw no reason for this result
and sent a letter with proof documents to BEC Philadelphia. It has been
months since and we have not heard anything.

Does anyone know how to request case status now? The screenshot does
not have status information any more. When a mistakenly closed case
gets reopened, is there any confirmation letter sent back from BEC? How
do you know it is reopened yet?

Thanks a lot to everyone who may give any help.

LC_1
danfan8@email.com

Pavan_N said:
BEC will reopen the case once your attorney send the proof for the 45 day letter response.

It happend to my case also. BEC Dalls is taking long time to reopen the case. If the error is on BEC side then you get your old PD.

Pavan

Case Closure From BEC

All ,

I have a similar case and received a Case Closure letter from Dallas,BEC.
P.D : 10 Dec 2003 ( Chicago ).
Both the lawyer and company never received the 45 days letter and finally i got the Notice of Case Closure to home address & Lawyer office.My lawyer sent a fax , DHL to BEC and sent a mail to Crystal Williams at AILA.

1) Do you know how long it takes for the case to opened ? Will you get any RFE / Feedback from BEC

2) Will this affect your H1 B stamping ?

3) Is it possible to get 8th Year H1 since it's mistake on their side

Please reply, thanks

Closed By Error

Hi

I have similar case My PD is Mar 2003. And I asked for 7 year extension snapshot to Phily BPC and found that my case is closed. My Attorney checked with Dallas and they send us snapshot where case status was blank. We received 45 day letter and my attorney responded back within accepted time frame. Still BPC closed my case without informing me or attorney or my company.. Initially my attorny was not ready to accept that my case is closed after a few fights (verbal) he checked and found that my case is really closed. The last time I heard from him that he asked BPC to reopen my case and I am still waiting to hear bout that

Is anybody have similar experience

To Pavan_N: Did your attorney receive a letter from BEC about request to reopen case?

MY case was also closed and received a letter on Jan 4. Then, my attorney sent proof to DBEC and requested reopen the case. In two weeks, he received a letter from DBEC saying they will reopen the case and it will take a few weeks. After case reopen, they will send another letter to us and put the case back to queue.

Did your attorney receive same kind of letter in this process?

Pavan_N said:

Pavan

case closure from DBEC

Hi All,

I am new to the forum. I did a big mistake without reading the forum so far.

My company attorney received 45D letter and he responded next day to DBEC.

After 4 months i have received a CASE CLOSURE letter saying case has been closed due to an untimely or incomplete response.

My attorney responded back again with the evidence.

I am in starting of my sixth year.

1. How much time it will take to hear back from the certifying officer.

2. Is it better to start new PERM process to get my 7th Year extension

3. Is it better to wait for the closed case re-opened

Thanks for your reply in advance, I am really tensed. please reply asap.

IN2006 said:
MY case was also closed and received a letter on Jan 4. Then, my attorney sent proof to DBEC and requested reopen the case. In two weeks, he received a letter from DBEC saying they will reopen the case and it will take a few weeks. After case reopen, they will send another letter to us and put the case back to queue.

Did your attorney receive same kind of letter in this process?

Hello IN2006

YES, my attorney received email from DBEC saying that it will take 3 to 4 weeks to reinstate the case. This happend 4 months back and no progress in the case till date.

My case is non-rir and I am waiting from past six years for my labor approval.

Pavan

vattd said:
Hi All,

I am new to the forum. I did a big mistake without reading the forum so far.

My company attorney received 45D letter and he responded next day to DBEC.

After 4 months i have received a CASE CLOSURE letter saying case has been closed due to an untimely or incomplete response.

My attorney responded back again with the evidence.

I am in starting of my sixth year.

1. How much time it will take to hear back from the certifying officer.

----Un known

2. Is it better to start new PERM process to get my 7th Year extension

---- To get 7th year extension your LCA must be at least 365 days old. May be better idea to shift to PERM if your case is non-rir. If your case is rir then you should be fine. Please note that there is no visa numbers available to apply I-485 eventhough you get your labor approval

3. Is it better to wait for the closed case re-opened

---- My opinion: YES, if you don't here any thing before expiry of your I-797 then apply for the extension and I believe we can send the BEC response to INS at later time

Thanks for your reply in advance, I am really tensed. please reply asap.

---- I believe no need to feel any tension because things (Job market) are changing and look good at back home. If we get it fine otherwise also fine.

LC_1 said:
Dear Pavan,

LC_1
danfan8@email.com

Hello LC_1,

Attorney said that DBEC will send email once the case got reinstated. I am also waiting from long time to get the response. BEC don't send any status when the case is closed. My attorney send email to DBEC for the case status to file my H1B1 extension. We didn't receive any response till date.

Pavan

Same situtation and H1 expiring

Hi,
I am in a similar situation and my H1 is expiring in Aug 2006. My attorney has responded for the case closure letter and waiting to hear back from DOL. If this status quo continues until Aug 2006, what do I do? How can I get an extension without a screenshot? I don't have any other proof of filing except this case closure letter and one other fax to my attorney back in Jan 2004 which basically states that my case was transferred to the Dallas BEC.

Any thoughts/idead much appreciated.

Thanks.

LC_1,

I am in the same situation with you. My attorney got a letter from PBEC two weeks ago and told me my case was closed due to not response of 45 day letter. Actually, my attorney received 45 day letter last March and replied it immediately. My attorney has sent a request to reinstate my case. Who knows those PBEC guys can touch it correctly. :mad:

Anyway, a question needs your help if possible.
Would you tell me whether or not you have got 7th H1 extension after your case was closed? My H1 will expire at the end of August. I am warried whether or not i can extend it successfully.

Thanks in advance.
----------------
PD: 11/02
RIR from CA.

LC_1 said:
Dear Pavan,

LC_1
danfan8@email.com

My attorney has sent a letter for reinstating my cas. At the same time, he has also sent a request for screenshot (second time) and its been more than 3 weeks and I haven't heard anything. I don't know what to do if this statu quo continues i.,e how the hell am I supposed to get an extension w/o a screenshot or with a screenshot that says my case is closed? :mad:

idli1829 said:
My attorney has sent a letter for reinstating my cas. At the same time, he has also sent a request for screenshot (second time) and its been more than 3 weeks and I haven't heard anything. I don't know what to do if this statu quo continues i.,e how the hell am I supposed to get an extension w/o a screenshot or with a screenshot that says my case is closed? :mad:

Hi Guys

Instead of mainatining a seperate Thread can you come to

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=149224

All of you guys who had the unfortunate problem to have your case closed due to the 45DL not being received or lost by the DOL, you might want to urge your lawyer to contact the AILA. I found this on their website (of course it is not accessible to non AILA members but the summary is self explanatory):

2/16/2006 Have You Had Problems with the “45-day letter” from DOL’s Backlog Elimination Center? AILF is investigating possible litigation relating to the “45-day letters” sent out by the DOL Backlog Elimination Centers (BECs) in connection with labor certification applications. If you have cases where problems have arisen, please take a few minutes and answer these questions. AILA Doc. No. 06021665

Just my 2 cents trying to help :)

If anybody has any news about the 'case closure' please update here.

skorpio, Pavan N, anilKay, LC1, jraghavan, abill71, IN2006, idli1829, mmm02, saknia and MDwatch

I am also in the same boat. My attorney sent proof for 45D response a month ago to DBEC....Not yet hear anything back from DBEC.

Pavan thank you for your response for my earlier post.

vattd said:
skorpio, Pavan N, anilKay, LC1, jraghavan, abill71, IN2006, idli1829, mmm02, saknia and MDwatch

I am also in the same boat. My attorney sent proof for 45D response a month ago to DBEC....Not yet hear anything back from DBEC.

Pavan thank you for your response for my earlier post.

Not yet, My attorney sent another email request last week but no response. This problem is delaying my H1B extension too. Attorney says that wait till the case reopen then apply for the H1B extension.

Pavan
(PD: June 2000)