Case assigned to officer

indistress

Registered Users (C)
Case assigned to officer - Approved on 05/13

How long does it generally take to know the case status, once it has been assigned to an officer?

RD 11/08/01
ND 12/07/01

Last edited by a moderator:
I had been told by an IIO that the officer has 90 days to adjudicate the case once assigned

gc_2000,

If your question is directed to me then I called Last Monday

RD: 11/14/01
FP: 02/14/02
AD:?????????

I called in today...when I called I was told that I should expect to hear from them by mid Jun and when my spouse called then they said to hear from them by May end. Knowing IIO never responds consistently, I am trying to get a pulse of the approx wait from other's experiences.

thanx

Talking to IIO might be helpful to know if there is some problem in the case. But normally the times they give need not be taken for granted. They are not consistent in their answers.

When I called last week, IIO said 30-60 days to process my case, that means is it assigned to officer??

I am in same situation

indistress

I called IIO on April 14 and she informed my case was under review. Last week, I called again now the IIO told that my case and my wife case is assigned to an officer.

Your dates macth exactly with my case dates..

RD: Nov13 2001
ND: Dec 07 2001
EAC02057-XXXXX

Our files might be with same officer, might receive some good news soon...Good Luck.

Case Approved

Just yesterday when I called up I was told the case was assigned to an officer. That wasn't so when I called a week earlier. Today I am surprised to see the approval online for me & my spouse...well I can believe that only once I receive my approval notice

If it helps others, I changed job after around 5 months of filing 485 and that too as W2 hrly...notified the INS of job change...again changed job on month 13...did not notify INS...again changed job on month 15 ...notified INS and am now full time. I did file AR 11 too for change on address in April 03...called up to check if they have new address and they updated it over phone.

Will update rupnet.

Will keep you posted once I get stamped

thanx

RD 11/08/01
ND 12/07/01
AD 05/13/03
No RFE
AR 11 filed April 2003
Waiting for notice
EAC 02 056 xx xxx

Congrats, indistress .

Can you please explain what this W2 hourly stuff is ? What are its advantages and disadvantages ?
I am on EAD and i would like to explore all options after my current contract. Can you please share the document (atleast the template) that you have sent to INS when you changed the job for the first time (W2 hourly job). It will help a lot of people in drafting their letters to BCIS.

Thanx,
Satish

Sorry for the delay

Satish,

W2 hrly is basically negotiating with the employer to be paid on hrly basis with no benefits including vacations. Obviously then you negotiate to ask for more than you would have ordinarily asked when you have benefits. It is very beneficial if your spouse can cover your health insurance. I did not have choice so had to go with hrly despite me having to shell out heavy on health insurance. Now the downside from the INS perspective is that the company treats you as a temporary employee and hence getting a letter from them to say that you are permanent and your job is secure for future, is very difficult. Again W2 rly treats you badly when you know that the contract with the client is ending on a specified date. Once you are out of the project then the company will not go out of the way to get you a job since you will not be on "bench". Basically you are on payroll and company is paying taxes for you as long as you are on project. The day you are out, you are no one to them....this is all based on my experiences.

W2 is different from corp- to- corp where again you get paid hrly like in W2 but just that you will be paying more taxes and the company will be paying less. Only condition is that you should have a company of your own or one that you can represent. Now you want to make sure that you negotiate for a bigger pie since you will be paying more taxes...

I know I have the letter that I sent to INS from that employer. Allow me to check my PC at home and once I get it I will definitely put it up here. Good news is that it is a letter drafted by a reputable attorney. Allow me a day or two.

Hope it helps Satish. Let me know if you or any one else has any other questions.

Good Luck and thanks

Excellent. Thank you very much for very good information. It helps
a lot of people here. If you can publish the letter, it helps all those who work on W2. Probably, i will go for W2 in future. Thanks for agreeing to publish the RFE response letter.
Finally, I wish you good luck to you for getting good projects/job.
-Satish