Case assigned to officer

GBA1029

Registered Users (C)
I called TSC and came to know that my case is with an officer (I am eligible for new name check policy). Any idea how long it will take to get a decision after assgined to an officer? I know it depends on workload for each they have but just trying to find expereinces from different people and approx time frame.

EB3 India approved PD 2000

:) my cases is approved today along with dependents. Thanks all for sharing the info. Good luck for all of you. My details below..

TSC I-485 RD:06/06
Finger Printing Done: 07/12/06
EB3 IND,PD:05/2000

Hi GBA1029

Can you clarify two things: 1) what do you mean you called "TSC"? do you mean you simply called the 800 number? Thats a general number for customer service and you will not conect to a special service center. 2) how do you know your case was "assigned" to an officer? I mean typically when you call the 800 number, the person on the line has nothing special to tell you except some sort of general information. I dont think that there was a LUD on your case saying "case has been assigned to an officer", was it? can you please clarify these two questions?

Thanks and good luck!

Hi GBA1029

Can you clarify two things: 1) what do you mean you called "TSC"? do you mean you simply called the 800 number? Thats a general number for customer service and you will not conect to a special service center. 2) how do you know your case was "assigned" to an officer? I mean typically when you call the 800 number, the person on the line has nothing special to tell you except some sort of general information. I dont think that there was a LUD on your case saying "case has been assigned to an officer", was it? can you please clarify these two questions?

Thanks and good luck!

1) I called using POJ technique
i.e. Dial 1-800-375-5283, then 1-2-2-6-1, enter you receipt #, then 1-1-3-4. You will then be able to talk to an officer at TSC
2) When I called to TSC rep/officer they told me that my case is with an officer.

There are no LUDs before approval. FYI, I went to Infopass appointment last week but not much help ful. I went to info pass because I was expectign something to happen before Mar 10th as per new Name check policy.
My case is fall under consideration for new name check poicy.

We did finger printing only once about 20 months back.

Hope this helps

May I ask what were you told at the info pass? I have mine in a couple of days, so want to know what is their standard reply?

1) I called using POJ technique
i.e. Dial 1-800-375-5283, then 1-2-2-6-1, enter you receipt #, then 1-1-3-4. You will then be able to talk to an officer at TSC
2) When I called to TSC rep/officer they told me that my case is with an officer.

There are no LUDs before approval. FYI, I went to Infopass appointment last week but not much help ful. I went to info pass because I was expectign something to happen before Mar 10th as per new Name check policy.
My case is fall under consideration for new name check poicy.

We did finger printing only once about 20 months back.

Hope this helps

May I ask what were you told at the info pass? I have mine in a couple of days, so want to know what is their standard reply?

It was no use after travel for 2 hrs. I did not get any info other than the status on the case status website have. But some times it might be useful. It depends...