Case assigned to officer! - pl. respnd!

Boy

Registered Users (C)
Our case is been assigned to an office in early October, still not heard anything. Fingerprints are already 13 months old. Spoke to IIO couple of times, saying that we might hear some thing soon..

Are there anybody in the same boat? pl. respond and post your comments.

Thanks

Don\'t worry

once assigned you get approval before ur fingerprints expires, same thing happend to me and my friend, after assigning to officer i got it approved in one month.

Good Luck

No Title

Our case was assigned to officer on September 12\'th and approved
within 10 days. So expect some good news!

No Title

Do you have any idea of the Officer No to whom yours was assigned?
Mine was assigned to Officer No: 111. Is anybody there whose case is with this officer?

Thanks

I am also in the same boat

Our(me and my wife) cases are assigned to an officer on Oct 25th. When I called TSC sometime back, IIO told My case was assigned on Nov 9th. When I called yesterday, IIO said it was assigned on Nov 27th. It does not make any sense. I contacted congress woman\'s office. Due to that TSC opened the case. I am extremely frustrated. The cases are with an officer for more than a month. MY rd is 8/99 and pd is 11/97. It is more than 4 years since my GC process started. I saw lot of cases that are applied after 8/99 were approved. I don\'t know if I will ever receive approval. My labor took 3 months and i-140 took 1 month. So I am waiting on 485 since apr 98 (more than 3 1/2 yrs). My case details:

PD: 11/97
RD: 8/99
ND: 9/99
Case assigned to officer: 1st time: Oct 25th, 2nd: Nov 9th, 3rd: Nov 27th, 4th time: Not yet, 5th time: Not yet...
EB3, India

case assigned more than once

Same happened to me. Both my and my wife\'s cases were assigned
on September 6. I was so excited and thought the ordeal would
finally be over. But when I called sometime in October, I was
told that my case was returned to LOCATION on September 19 due
to the expired FP (expired on 09/09/2001), while my wife\'s case was
assigned to the same officer on 10/01/2001! Her FP expired on the same
day as mine (09/09/2001).

We did our second FP with help from Senator\'s office on 11/08/01.
When I called a few days ago, they told me that my wife\'s case
is still with the same officer, while mine has to wait. This is
so disgusting.

ND 04/13/2000, FP1: 05/30/2000, FP2 11/08/2001, NIW, China

In the same boat as well!

My wife followed up with an IIO early this week. I believe the IIO said our cases were with an officer. God knows how long have they been with an officer? But since our finger prints were expiring in a day or two we discussed the need for a Finger Print Renewal Notice. To which the IIO said - It may not be required and you should receive something in 7-10 days. "Certainly - In 7-10 days". So..lets see..May be it will be sitting pretty in a NEW area for a few months(hopefully not years!).

One positive highlight though - The officer was apparently very professional and also very thorough in what he said and did. So..

Details
EB2: RIR
PD: 4/99
RD: JULY 2000
FP: AUGUST 2000
EAD/AP: 2 TIMES

Case Approved!

Just learned that my case has been approved!

PD - 04/1999
ND - 08/2000
FP - 08/2000
AP - 11/28/2001
Case - EB2/RIR
Nationality - India

Fingerprints Expired Yesterday 11/27/01