Case assigned to an adjudicating officer

Shaf

Registered Users (C)
After about a year wasted in the retrogression blackhole - my dates have become current again since July 1, 2006. A new fingerprint notice (the old prints obviously expired) was instantly issued on July 2. We went for the prints on July 8 and according to FBI, they were cleared and returned to USCIS within 24 hours. No LUDs though ...

Today, the attorney inquired, and was informed that the case is with an adj officer. Now - what does that really mean? And what sort of timeline should I expect now? Thanks in advance!

Labor PD 07/03/2001
I-485 RD 05/24/2003
4th EAD/AP pending!

you almost have got it!!!

-- what that means is that your case is set for final adjudication.

I think the adjudication officer was the one that initiated the new fingerpritn notice to you. So your file is in the hands of the adjudicating officer. Expect your approval anytime now.

can you provide any info about when your name check was completed...

good luck

Shaf said:
After about a year wasted in the retrogression blackhole - my dates have become current again since July 1, 2006. A new fingerprint notice (the old prints obviously expired) was instantly issued on July 2. We went for the prints on July 8 and according to FBI, they were cleared and returned to USCIS within 24 hours. No LUDs though ...

Today, the attorney inquired, and was informed that the case is with an adj officer. Now - what does that really mean? And what sort of timeline should I expect now? Thanks in advance!

Labor PD 07/03/2001
I-485 RD 05/24/2003
4th EAD/AP pending!

Thanks, supply_demand. I hope that is the case as the wait is excrutiating.

My namecheck was completed a long time ago ... I sent an email to Tom Hardy @ FBI back in July 2004 and was informed that my name check was completed in November 2003. My 485 was applied on May 2003 ... first fingerprint in Mar 2004. I even drove to the Vermont Service Center in Aug 2004 to check status and I was informed that *every* check was completed and I was just sitting in the queue (at that time, the VSC processing times were the longest!)

Then I was issued two RFEs, in Nov 2004 and then in March 2005, asking for W-2 and paystubs in the first one and explanation of work duties in the second. By the time I managed to respond to the second RFE, the dates retrogressed (my catergory is EB 3 ROW, PD July 2001) and then a year down the drain.

Shaf,
When I called VSC on July 18, I was told the same - "your case is on the adjudicator's desk since July 5". My case was approved on July 21.
I guess the same will happen with your case soon.

Shaf said:
Thanks, supply_demand. I hope that is the case as the wait is excrutiating.

My namecheck was completed a long time ago ... I sent an email to Tom Hardy @ FBI back in July 2004 and was informed that my name check was completed in November 2003. My 485 was applied on May 2003 ... first fingerprint in Mar 2004. I even drove to the Vermont Service Center in Aug 2004 to check status and I was informed that *every* check was completed and I was just sitting in the queue (at that time, the VSC processing times were the longest!)

Then I was issued two RFEs, in Nov 2004 and then in March 2005, asking for W-2 and paystubs in the first one and explanation of work duties in the second. By the time I managed to respond to the second RFE, the dates retrogressed (my catergory is EB 3 ROW, PD July 2001) and then a year down the drain.

That's inspiring Kodak ... Thanks a lot. I really hope that's what happens to my case too.

Congrats on your approval by the way. Enjoy the moment! Would you mind sharing your dates etc?

Finger Prints Cleared ?

Shaf,

How do you figure out from FBI that your FP are cleared.
I also had FP (Code 3) on 7/8/06 and had LUD on I-485 on 7/10/06 and 7/11/06.
Does it mean my FP are cleared from FBI ?

Shaf said:

Labor PD 07/03/2001
I-485 RD 05/24/2003
4th EAD/AP pending!

jazzyb,

My guess would be - yes. Your fingerprints have been cleared. I haven't yet got any LUD this time, but during my first fingerprint check in Mar 2004, the online status also changed (saying that FP has been cleared) along with the LUD.

I called an FBI number at West Virginia (304-625-5590) - and after I navigated the automated system to an officer, she was quite helpful about finding the information. Just tell them that your fingerprint was given to USCIS for a pending application and you like to know the status (they'll ask for your A# at this point).

Mine was Code 1. Is that sufficient or will they ask for Code 2/3 later? Does anyone know?

MAX 2 months ..... and you will be done with GC.

Apparently you already dealt with RFEs so there should not be more. First week of August ... hopefully.

Usually , "after approval" and before mailing the cards, you will get code 3 bio-metrics notice .. but thats for the physical card. You wont mind that .... :) Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Cheekoo.

Is Code 3 biometrics mandatory for cards these days? If yes, why the &#*@ did they not take it just earlier this month?!! Why couldn't they just ask for Code 3 instead of Code 1? When I went for fingerprints on July 8 at Boston ASC, I volunteered to give Code 2 as well. But they just won't take it - "If we need it, we'll call you again" - that was the dumb reply!!! Only USCIS knows what it does - even God doesn't have a clue, I'm sure! :mad:

Shaf said:
Thanks, Cheekoo.

Is Code 3 biometrics mandatory for cards these days? If yes, why the &#*@ did they not take it just earlier this month?!! Why couldn't they just ask for Code 3 instead of Code 1? When I went for fingerprints on July 8 at Boston ASC, I volunteered to give Code 2 as well. But they just won't take it - "If we need it, we'll call you again" - that was the dumb reply!!! Only USCIS knows what it does - even God doesn't have a clue, I'm sure! :mad:
There are 2 ways one gets FP Notice.

1, System Generated ... which you got
2, Officer orders it when processing your file ... Both Notices even appear different if placed togather ... Funny right ...

RELAX dude ... !!!!

LOL - I was just taking it out on USCIS. I have plenty of 'issues' with them ... :rolleyes:

They could streamline the process a lot more if they really wanted. Either they lack the will or the guidance. In either case, I hope things will turn my way soon. But can someone please confirm if Code 3 is a must for the card these days? Thanks!

Code 3 FP is must for the cards to be issued.
My depenedent went for FP2 on 04 /27/06. Approved I-485 last week.
Approval letter says that we get another letter for bio metric.

New namecheck?

Thanks Buckeye. Atleast we now know that we shall HAVE TO do it.

This may be an old question - but I would appreciate a reply. Is the FBI namecheck done only once? Mine was cleared once upon a time (Nov 2003) - but things had slowed down to a crawl inbetween due to RFEs, delays & retrogressions. What checks would they do now that my priority date become current again? Just IBIS?

Similar case

Shaf and Others,
My PD is 6/14/01, and it is current since 06/01/06. I did not hear from USCIS. VSC sent my file to Atlanta local office in May 05 for the interview and my file is still in Atlanta. My FP is 24 months old. My name/security check cleared in 10/05.
Any suggestions?

today we received notice for finger print with code 1,
we already done code 3 in april 2005 and code 2 in nov 2005,
and this is for code 1. is this means are they working on our case for an approval or still we have to wait for anymore finger prints like code 3

any suggestions will helpful....

1moreday, you should definitely submit an inquiry (either with your old service center or with Atlanta office if there is such a provision). Your fingerprints have clearly expired and they need new prints to process. As it appears, your file is not really active at this point - and they haven't asked for new fingerprints even two months after it became 'current'. You could make an infopass appointment with the Atlanta office and ask about your case. That and/or the fingerprint req may jumpstart your file once again - but as it is in a local office now - I guess the delay/queue of the local office will apply. Best of luck!

1moreday said:
Shaf and Others,
My PD is 6/14/01, and it is current since 06/01/06. I did not hear from USCIS. VSC sent my file to Atlanta local office in May 05 for the interview and my file is still in Atlanta. My FP is 24 months old. My name/security check cleared in 10/05.
Any suggestions?
Local office will delay it and they will not give you any time. Unpleasent but true.

For FP .... you should not worry at all. Even if they "expire" its the adjudicator who will "eventually" take care of that. You may not be able to help it. USCIS will send you notice when required.

Good Luck

I think so that Code 3 is required that is what I got me and my wife but code 2 for my 4 yr old daughter.
Shaf said:
LOL - I was just taking it out on USCIS. I have plenty of 'issues' with them ... :rolleyes:

They could streamline the process a lot more if they really wanted. Either they lack the will or the guidance. In either case, I hope things will turn my way soon. But can someone please confirm if Code 3 is a must for the card these days? Thanks!

Hi All,
I want to check the status of my case. Please let me know based on your experiences, what would be the ideal way to contact USCIS.

Please check my signature and let me know whether its too early to contact USCIS.

SELF
-----
Eb2 Sub Labor India August 2001
140 RD - NOV 2005
140 AD - FEB 2005
485/EAD/AP RD - MAR 2006
EAD AD - APRIL 2006
AP AD -JUNE 2006
FP - JUNE 2006

SPOUSE
-------
485/EAD/AP RD - MAR 2006