Case assigned to Adjudicating Officer

longGC

Registered Users (C)
Today I received a response from TSC in the mail regarding the inquiries that I had initiated last month. Though I had initiated separate inquiries regarding cases for myself, wife and child; I received a response for the inquiry that I had raised for wife's case.

It states like this,

Dear....

On 03/XX/2004, you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted CIS about your case. The status of this service request is :

Your Application is assign to an Adjudicating Officer for review.

Sicerely,

----------------------------------------------------

Does this mean the approval is closer? How long do I have to wait?

I had initiated separate inquiry through Congressman during the same period. They promptly replied me with the same answer. But it has been two weeks and nothing has yet happened.

What is 125? Is it the number of officer?

YES... I think.......The approval is closer

You are almost done. You will get the approval in another weeks time.

Good Luck.

sorrry for all the pain

you have gone through...i wish u all the best. May your wishes be granted soon

Thanks for your reassuring words.

But...

I received the reply only for my wife's case not any other case. When I had initiated inquiry through Congressman, I had the same reply for my case. I had to believe it because Congressman (liasion) made a phone call in front of me and I heard the answer (on spreaker phone) within 3 minutes. Never before I had received any response from TSC regarding CIS inquires that I had initiated. Has anyone got response to their CIS inquiries?

This week I had made a follow up with Congressman again but they used to put me through their voicemail. I think, that is when TSC took initiative to send me reply (per post mark date).

I think the out come will be any of these,

1. Immediate approval.

2. Issue of RFE.

3. Transfer to loal office.

In case of 2., my approval will be delayed by 4 to 6 weeks but I am afraid of 3. as it is painful process and people in local office have been waiting for a year to schedule an interview. Hope this does not happen. At the same time, only few cases where the case is not apparanetly staright forward are transferred to local.

Just because I had denial last year ( though AC21 is a law), I am thinking of possiblilty of 2. above. I am keeping fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

Per the statistics that I had seen on this forum, once the case is assigned to an officer, it can take anywhere from a week to 4 weeks to get his attention and decision.

Any observations or a pattern?

LognGC! I hope you will hear some thing this week. I remember for one of my friend's 140 approval took 17 months because it was just sitting at a corner in officier's desk for no reason. He put few queries and finally got approved on the same day. Of Course! the officer gave the reason for not approving as "waited for security check".

The officer also told that it will take another 2 weeks but apporved on the same day.

So, it will be your turn this week. I am pretty sure, if the officer knows about your queries he will make a decision on the same day.

Good Lcuk!

It has been three weeks that my case is pending with Adjudicating Officer. To know (or guesstimate) the time it takes for officer to approve the case once on table; I looked at pattern of approval from RFE respondents. In my observation, I found that, case gets approved after RFE response is on officer's table within 2 to 4 weeks. This is more or less an average or a norm.

With this guesstimate, can I reasonably expect something to happen with my file in next couple of weeks? Does anyone have any other opinion?

You will get approved in less than 2 weeks

LongGC, I know you have waited for so long. You already ran more than 1000 miles but the last mile is always tough but that will go smooth for you. I wish you will get approved today or tomorrow.

Same answer but different dates.

I received another answer for the same inquiry initiated through Senator. This time it says that, "Your Application was assigned to an Officer for review On April 19, 2004. If you do not hear from us in 30 days, then please call us.".

I had the same answer given 3 weeks ago with a date of April 02, 2004..blah blah.

-Now what do I believe?
-What can I deduce from this?
- Is the application really gone to Offcer?
-Are they telling me to wait 30 days more or simply they add up 30 days whenever an inquiry is raised?

Re: Same answer but different dates.

Originally posted by longGC
I received another answer for the same inquiry initiated through Senator. This time it says that, "Your Application was assigned to an Officer for review On April 19, 2004. If you do not hear from us in 30 days, then please call us.".

I had the same answer given 3 weeks ago with a date of April 02, 2004..blah blah.

-Now what do I believe?
-What can I deduce from this?
- Is the application really gone to Offcer?
-Are they telling me to wait 30 days more or simply they add up 30 days whenever an inquiry is raised?

What the heck !!!!!!!. They posted teh processing dates Sep 17, 2001 and yours is May 2001. You already crossed 999 days. Are they sleeping idiots ? Take all the stuff and go to the local Congressmen's office have them really wok on case ? I wish someday these BCIS dumb idiots really wake up.

srvimmi - I think LongGC's case is little different than the usual. His 140 was revoked (I hope I am right here) b4 the AC21 rule came into affect. Something like that has happened. They denied his GC..LongGC then filed for Motion to reconsider...I believe they might have reopened the case.. I am not sure if the 999 rule applies here..either way...he has initiated 100s of inquiries to get the same answer with different date...i think thats really pathetic...

I donno what we can do other than sit and wait...i think senators/congressmen also have a 30day wait time b4 they get an answer..

LongGC - Hopefully, ur case will get approved soon man..that would be the best news than the status u find out..

GOODLUCK..
Madhav

nfn

Thanks for asking. I am getting impatient. The reason is that I would like to fly back home and visit parents. I have not done that because last year my case was denied and I had to wait here. I was told not to leave the country until I get approval. I did not apply for AP as I thought the approval come before the AP. Last year, ti used to take 8 to 9 months to get AP approval.

Anyway, I am not sure what the heck that examiner is doing. The cases with RFE get approved in just 2 days to 2 weeks once they come back to Officer. Now it has been three and half weeks since the file is with officer. I am really hoping to get some anser this week or next.

I have the information from three different sources telling one thing "The file is with examiner".

Long GC,
When my case was assigned to an officer, it took about 4 months before the officer reviewed the case. I have heard of people getting an approval within days of assignment and have also heard of others waiting for months. So, no time frame can be guesstimated when you're dealing with TSC. Just hang in there and take it one days at a time. One day you'll check your case status and see an approval.
Good Luck.

arcdocs

Thank you for your response. If I were you, I would inititate another inquiry 30 days after first inquiry through Senator. This is nothing but a torture and not a service.