Case Approved!

Big D Boy

Registered Users (C)
:p First time posting. This site is excellent.

I don't know what you have been thru, I have done it all. Started the whole thing in 95, then lost job, moved back to F1 and cancelled first GC (stupidity there, should keep it alive for the priority purpose), found new job and started it again in 97, looooonnnnng process, then changed job again, case was transferred to local office, then interviewed, approved, finally card received in 3 weeks. 7 years... Many thanks to Bill Clinton and all Democrats for the 180 days ruling. Will join them after citizenship.

Good luck to everyone, hang in tough! If you have problem, think about me and what I have been thru and that will make your day better.

TSC
EB3

I like what you said

Clinton made a big move with the 180 days, thanks to him and Democrats we enjoy freedom from employers.

Congrats!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

Md Alam: You will be the next, just hang in there. I was almost out of gas but glad that I stay on course. Think about it, what else the chioce do I have? Called congressman, that was a joke. Not them but what they can do for me. Also my congressman is Rep. Good luck to you.
:)

GOASTROS: My RD=9/1999 and ND=10/1999. No RFE, interview was short and nothing major, I didn't ask why I was transferred for interview, kinda got excited although felt INS owe me on this one.

Good luck to all future Immigts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Big D Boy,

Congrats!!!

I am in your old shoes right now. I had been through quite a long process too. Recently, my 485 was transferred to local INS as well and I was notified to interview. You mentioned that you had a very short interview at local office. Do you mind sharing a little on the details, e.g. did they ask which company are you currently working for? What kind of job are you doing? Did they stamp your passport on the same day?

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

EagleDY:

She noticed the job change and I told her that it was afte 180 days. She then asked why I left the company, I said the company was going down and I couldn't skip current opportunity as I was in the middle management and it would be very hard to find a good job being laidoff.

She then compared the 2 jobs and asked me whether there was any difference and I said it was about the same job but with less resposibilities as it was a much bigger company and she seemed Okay with it. That was it.

She stamped my passport right after the conclusion of the interview, and she did said welcome and congrats to me at the end.

Hope this could help and good luck to your interview.

Thanks

Thanks, Big D Boy! One quick question, did INS ask for the last pay stubs before you left the company that sponsored your 485?

pennn433: She didn't ask for any pay stubs but I showed her the copy of the letter of resignation with HR filing date to prove it was over 300 days. She did asked where the company is right now, I told her it was sold 2 years ago. Also I didn't bring any pay stubs from last job.

Off the topics, the whole interview was very pleasant and relexed to my standard, and it took less than 15 minutes in total, including re-fingerprinting, signature card signing, waiting, and chatting around.

She was a very nice fine mid-age African American lady. After I answered "NO" to the the question whether I have done drug, she joked me with a question of "so you don't do drug, but you distribute dug?", I was laughing to death but still had to answer her as the whole process was video-taped.

My lawyer told me that for EB cases INS is to check whether you have been out of status. If you are relatively clean (my case sets the standard), you should expect an approval.

Thought my case is a "classic" one in terms of length and changes, I am glad that it adds value to your viewing pleasure. Good luck to eveyone!

congratulations

Thats an end to a long journey.Enjoy life now.
Your details have been added to rupnet with same ID
Good Luck