Case approved - Sep 1999, AC21

mercedes

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

My case was approved on 8th April 2002, after a long wait of almost 3 years. I had all the problems with my case that one can possibly have (except that there was nothing illegal with my case). Following are some details -

India / EB3 / PD Oct 1998 / RD Sep 1999 / FP 2 times / EAD Renewal 3 times

My case was transferred to 3 different local offices because of INS confusion over my place of residence.

I had changed my job and my case qualified for AC21 provisions. I am still employed by my previous employer, but on LOA. My previous employer was very gracious in providing me with all the necessary documentation. I am proud to mention that it is an Indian company.

I had a very simple interview at the local INS office. I was well prepared with documentation and all the supportings that are necessary for the interview. The Immigration Examiner checked every single document that I submitted. She even joked about one or two things, but I was too stressed to notice the joke (and that did not offend her !). She had a little confusion over my first name, because I have one of those never ending long first names. But it took minutes to clear it out.

The whole interview process took about 50 minutes. Some standard yes/no questions that anybody (speaking English) can answer. Our passports were stamped and we were told to expect the cards within 2 months.

It does not get any simpler than this.

My best wishes to everybody in the queue.