Case Approved from AVM - ND July 00, Intent to denial

dasse

Registered Users (C)
EB2/NIW
RD: 6/26/00
ND: 7/7/00
RFE (intent to denial)issued 7/17/01 (proof of status - I20s, employment letter, tax returns, pay stubs, PP, I-94 copy)
RFE replied on 8/7/01
VSC IIO said they didn\'t receive it and asked another copy.
sent 2nd time 9/27/01
AVM updated that they received it. 10/10/01
Talked to IIO 2 times since then. They repeated the same answer, wait 30 days.
I talked to IIO this morning and checked the AVM around 4:30pm. But it said the same answer.
After finding out that Evergreen got approved, I checked the AVM again at 9:30pm, just for playing... but the AVM changed to approval. Thanks to Evergreen, I will have a real good weekend. Otherwise, I was planning not to check the AVM for a while.
My special thanks go to also PrinceOfPersia who shared the encouragement together last 3 months...

Anyway, Good luck to all of you.

dasse

Yes, actually I am also watching your status. You and I have a bad luck of waiting for INS to pick up our mail. Finally both of us got approval today :)

When you get your approval notice, please let us know :)

Good luck!!

Evergreen

No Title

I will appreciate your info.
NIW - why did they ask for an employment letter.
Did you change your job.
What was your priority date.
Why was the RFE issued, is it because you did not submit those documents before. I will appreciate if you post that info.
tx

Thank you guys.

Good luck to ALL of you.

samUsam, hope my answer helps you.
Q: NIW - why did they ask for an employment letter.
A: I think they wanted to make sure that I am still working in the same field using same expertises that made NIW approval.
Q: Did you change your job.
A: Yes, I was working at the University when I applied NIW, but I moved to industry when I applied I-485.
Q: What was your priority date.
A: It was always empty,blank line. I don\'t know why. Some people say because my LC was waived by NIW.
Q: Why was the RFE issued, is it because you did not submit those documents before.
A: Because I never been to my country for a long time since I came to US. I just guess, and also my attorney agrees that INS issues a lot of RFE or intent to denial notice if the petitioner has stayed pretty long (i.e. 9 - 10 years). And INS computer has only the records that got into the system from the first entry to US (in my case).
Yes, I DID submit those documents before. My attorney says that they do not try to look up the files that previously submitted.

Thanks again. Good Luck !