Case approved for Mera_Kya_Hoga

No Title

Man I certainly know where you are coming from because I too am in consulting, not knowing where you will be the next day, which client, what work, getting on planes at an ungodly hour, living in hotels and yet putting up a good face before the client everyday! I am counting my days when I will be free from this.

Congratulations and enjoy your freedom.

No Title

Congratulations and enjoy your freedom......

And Can I ask a question?

I am also OCT99 waiter. .. No RFE yet,The AVM message still mentioned "Your I485 application to adjust to ......blah, blah, blah".....

EB3/India PD 05/98 RD 09/16/99 ND 10/01/99 FP 03/22...

Do you think I will have an approval sooooon?

Thanks and Congratulations again.

No Title

Thanks Jpol, Try1 and goofie_bunny.

Try1, I think you should call an IIO and check the status on your case. All Sep and Oct 99 cases should have been touched by now. Either RFE or approval should be on the way. I think you should not hesitate calling IIO. I called 4 times during Oct-99 to May 23rd. If your company name has changed then it might be on hold specially if you are from one of the known name change companies like IGATE or Rapidigm.

Good luck to you.

No Title

Mera_Kya_Hoga, you are one of those veterans who have been on this board for a while. So, defnitely feels good to see you getting through. CONGRATULATIONS!! You were one of the regular contributors to this board but, lately I haven\'t seen many from you. I can understand the frustation especially when you find people all around getting approved who filed their i-485 much later than you did. It is a fact that almost all of us come to this board to find more information about what is going on and not just to show other people that we know a lot about the immigration laws. And when you consistently find the unexpected, it gets a little over.

Good to see the other old timers like BJSR, Hanuman, Chutney, etc., responding to your post.

Congratulations again. And cherish the moment. Because after a while you won\'t appreciate it that much as the situation itself will start to appear as normal.

No Title

congratulations man ! ab tho tera ho gaya. nice to smell that air of freeeeedom man.

bye and take care

getsoon

No Title

Hi Mera_Kya_Hoga,

Hearty Congratulations!!!!

Off come the shackles...Enjoy your Freedom!!

Srini

No Title

Thanks a lot taka-digi, getsoon, Near toGC and srini123.

Taka-digi I appreciate the kind words you wrote. It certainly is a moment to cherish. I was on vacation for last 10 days and before that I was too frustrated with my attorney\'s inability to respond to RFE. I tried hard to not get emotional and let things happen in their natural course, but when it is 5 years and 3 months past the GC and the attorney\'s total lack of understanding hit me, I was too depressed. Each day passing was like a year between RFE issued and RFE responded. I am glad it is all over.

I pray that you all get your approvals soon. If I am not wrong, you, interpid and Mahasangram are all waiting for hold on company name change cases. It is really painful to go through this. I can completely understand your state of affairs. You guys are doing great by working together and riding through this time.

BTW, I got my passport stamped today. It was pretty fast. I did not wait for my attorney to send me the courtesy copy. Me and my wife reached broad street around 9:45am. Parked our car (2 hours $6.95) on Mulberry street. Later noticed that there is a parking right behind the Rodino building. Showed our courtesy copy at the door and security checked inside. There was a line with about 20 people inside. We waited there for about 30 minutes. We were called and we showed our documents (Courtesy copy, I-94, EADs, Advance Parole). She put those in an envelope and gave us a ticket no. We went in room 135 where about 30-40 people were waiting. Our number was called in 50 minutes. We were done in 5 minutes. She stamped the passoprt and we were out by 11:30am.

Our observation was that if you reach there around 11am, you should be done quicker.

Anyways, we are happy that the ordeal is over and we are permanent resident.

Good luck to you all.

No Title

Dev Anand, Bosco and Rajk,

Thanks. It is definietely a huge ticket for security and peace of mind. I do think it makes a difference when you talk to your employer and he/she knows that you are not afraid to be fired. Shouldn\'t it be there from day one. The premium processing may not be a bad idea since employers are known to exploit the employees undegoing GC process.

Good luck to you guys.

No Title

Hi Friends,

Under new management (of practice directors), Rapidigm fires employee as soon as they came on bench. They strictly have NO BENCH POLICY. In latest round of layoffs they have fired 20 employees from so called Oracle Practice. Now there is no body on bench in Oracle Practice.

Under new management, practice directors and branch directors dictate conditions on recruiters. And recruiters are just a mouth peace for directors. Recruiters have no say in whom to keep and whom they want to let go.

Practice Directors do not care to fire employee who was on bench for just couple of weeks. Many of these employees were on project from last 3-4 YEARS without a break. These employees were unfortunate to come on bench on this bad economy time. These employees have earned hard revenue for company from last 3-4 years and reward of their loyalty to company is LAYOFF.

Bottom lines for these practice directors is to keep only those who can earn revenue for them. These directors are even worst then recruiters.

Sincere advice to consultants is to be ready for any eventuality and keep your options ready before you get a surprise from Rapidigm.

Regards,
RapidDump

No Title

Mera_Kya_Hoga,

Congratulations. Enjoy your freedom. Realize american dream. Thanks for all your posts and sharing with us.

cheers.

No Title

Thanks Bhanu and Akashganga,

Today a new chapter begin in my life. From today I will now be the employee for the company (startup) where I was working as consultant for last 1.5 years. They waited petinetly just like me for my GC. In last 5 months they fired all the consultants except me because I was one of the first ones to join them. I am happy and thankful that they did not end my contract because that would have made my life hell since my consulting company could not have found a project for me. Infact the job at this startup was due to my own efforts and not the consulting company. Also

Happy and thankful to my new employer.

Good luck to all.
Keep smiling.