Case approved for Mera_Kya_Hoga

Mera_Kya_Hoga

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

Although I knew some day I will hear these words (Your case has been approved...), I had been sort of running out of steam after waiting for more than 5 years. Yes, I applied for my labor certification in Mar 96, waited for 3 years to clear the boring labor process and then applied for I-485 in Oct 99, got RFE and finally the sweet words were heard on AVM last night. I had gone on a 10 day vacation to South California, Nevada and Arizona. Just came back last night and checked AVM before going to bed. I was too tired but the sleep just evaporated after hearing the news. Got up after sleeping for 1 hour worrying whether I checked the right EAC number or not. Checked again and verified that it was me who got approved. I still am reeling from the wonderful feeling of finally geting free of the world of consulting. I plan on joining the client I am working for who already treats me like an employee and forget about the consulting company who has had a feast for last 6 years.

There is just wonderful feeling inside and a sigh of relief. I know that getting GC does not change everything but it sure does bring trmendous security in today\'s shaken up economy. I have been extremely frustrated by my attorney and his staff. If INS was devil these guys were not less than deep blue sea. These so called professionals show no signs of professionalism and compassion. They DO NOT care about how crucial is getting a GC for us. For them we are just a file. I am going to tell them this on their face.

I am deeply impressed by this board for doing a wonderful job. Rajeev for providing this excellent forum and resources, fellow members like Myladoor, Kiran Hegde, Bhanu, Govinda Vinod, Chutney and lot of others who made tremendous contribution by sharing their experience and educating all of us.

A word for all you who are waiting for the approval. It is only a matter of time, do not worry, yoy\'ll get there.

I will hang around for couple more months and try to answer questions.

Good luck to you all !

A very happy "Mera_Kya_Hoga"
(Wohi hoga jo manzoor-e-khuda hoga)

Case details
EB3, India, Regular labor
PD : 3/6/96
RD : 10/22/99
ND : 10/27/99
FP : 3/10/01
RFE issued on 4/4/01
RFE responded on 5/4/01
RFE receoved per AVM : 5/14/01
Approved on 5/23/01

No Title

Congratulations!!! Enjoy your freedom and make the best of it.
As You say, I have the same feeling that I would be free soon. But yet it is a case of "Near but yet so Far" syndrome.

Wish you all the best.

VSCRD1199

No Title

BJSR and VSCRD1199,

Thanks a bunch. BJSR\'s contribution to this board has been huge as well. Thanks for your help.

No Title

Arey bhai... Mera_Kya_Hoga, toh ley suun... Ab teri hogai Approval!! Congratulations, and thanks for posting the details.

No Title

Hi,
Congratulation.
Now tell them to your consultant,
"Hum aap ke hai kone",
Ra

No Title

There is nothing sweeter than getting a \'Congrats\' from the fellow waiters. Enjoy the freedom of life.

No Title

Congratulations from a fellow 1996 PDer or PDist.....

But still waiting.... ND 9/00.... Hoping for the best......

No Title

Congratulation Mera_kya_hoga ...

Jo hoga ab achcha hoga ... I can understand the frustration being an Oct 99 case myself. Good luck to you and enjoy life ....

Goofie.

No Title

Thanks Hanuman, GC_On_The_Way, Bravemind, OCT2000(Myladoor), Sheffs, kamalag, gentrig, Chutney, metoo, JJAgrawal, 485-pending for kind words.

RFE was for employment letter, passport copies and earning statement for last two months.

It is definitely sweet to realize that now there is no need to worry about changing jobs, travelling etc.

You can send me a mail at ashishh@yahoo.com if you have any questions.

Thank you and good luck to you all.

Ashish AKA Mera_kya_hoga