Registered Users (C)
My details as follows
RD 10 Jan 01
ND 17 Jan 01
PD 11/99
EB2 RIR India
FP 17
AD 7th Nov 01
I-140 papers were sent to Mumbai consulate. I called NVC yesterday and they told me that papers were sent to Mumbai consulate Dec.2000. My attorney talked to VSC today and told me that I-140 papers were received back by VSC and merged with file.
After reading other POST message by " Jai Jagdeesh Hare" I checked AVM again and heard magic words for my daughter, my wife and me.
I would like to thank Rajiv Khanna and all others who made this forum possible. Good luck to all!!

Thanks Sammbee

Hi,

What was your AVM message at INS before approval...

Was it : Case not found
or We have received your application blah blah....

Please post your message... Also your friend JJH can also post his...

thanks,

Superstar

AVM changed for me and my wife on Oct. 13th from "case not found" to "case received and blah....". However it was "case not found " for my kid.
Yesterday when I checked around 6:15P.M., for all three of us AVM was saying "Case received...blah..". But when just to re-confirm I checked my kid\'s AVM around 7:00 P.M. and it said "case approved". so I checked for me and my wife and it played "case approved " for both.

CONGRATULATIONS!..........................ENJOY!.................

.....Good to see your approval inspite of your I-140/485 having
explored the CP-->AOS world. :)

Enjoy the moment......

SuperStar!!

My case used to say Case not found till Oct 10th. After that the AVM was updated for me and my wife to say "Your application was recieved ..." on Oct 10th. I used to check AVM quite often. Yesterday was the day for which I was waiting..Best of luck for you.

Thanks, Magnum and Jagdeesh!

Situation is due to personal reasons I must travel to India for at least 15 days in Jan 02. I did not have AP or EAD and I did not stamped my H1B extension visa on passport. So, I was worried. Also, I thought I might get RFE OR delay in process due to following reasons, but I got approved at right time.
1)My I-140 was approved for CP and papers were sent to Mumbai consulate.
2)Me and my wife submitted notarised affidavit of parent instead of birth certificates. And my wife is born after 1970. ( We did not submit non availability certificate from municipal corporation)
3)My Original H1 was expired at time of filing 485 papers, that time I had applied for H1 extension, but H1 extension was not approved, so I submitted receipt with I-485 papers. H1 ext. got approved 15 days
after submitting I-485 papers. So, I was worried that INS might ask new I-94 copy etc. Same for H4 in case of my wife and kid.
4)Even though I sent my pay stub to lawyer to submit, he only submitted tax return, employment letter and W2 but did not submit pay stubs.