Cards Ordered

sribhu1

Registered Users (C)
HI
I got my passport stamped on 10/28 and the online message has changed to cards ordered on 12/2 hope to get them soon.
I feel its taking about 4 weeks to get the cards after stamping .

I got my passport stamped on 10/25 and the online message has not changed yet. It's still showing the same old message.

I don't know what's going on with my case.

sribhu,

Could you please tell me as to which INS office you had your passports stamped at? I got mine stamped at Baltimore (and wife's too). My wife got her card within a month but mine still is in pre-production stage.

-Palaniappan Rajaram

prajaram

Was Online/AVm for you & your wife got changed at same time ,
We did our stamping on 11/6/02 at norfolk , Online message for my wife changed on Dec - 3 -2002 , but from me it is the old Approval message , I gess may be i applied for EAD renewal no decision has been made yet , this may have cause delay in Ordering the Card....

feb140,

This is weird! :) Wives seem to be getting their cards much sooner than us husbands!!! :) My wife's AVM & online status changed to "Card ordered" at around the 30th of october and she got her card by Nov. 9th. Mine is still the same "this case has been approved ....".

When I spoke to the IIO, I was told that my case has move upto the card production but not in the system yet! I was also asked to wait another month (as of couple days ago).

-Palaniappan Rajaram

u r right prajaram

Hi

I vouch with ur statement that wives r getting their cards sooner than their husbands.Though me and my husband(primary applicant) got approved and stamped on the same day(oct 22,boston) my card was ordered on nov 20 and received a few days later while my husband's online status shows the same old approval msg.i called up the iio yesterday and got to know that his case is in the card production stage yet.we were asked to wait for a week or 2.
This has happened to some of my friends too.any idea why this is happening?

ashsrikar

Hello Ashsrikar,

Beats me.. as to why..

May be the primary and the derivative cases are getting separated at the card production stage. For a while, I thought, that the stack got divided into 2 and mine got to be the last one in stack 1 and my wife's first in stack 2 and that was the reason why she got it sooner. But, this pattern seems to be repeated.

The other issue that worried me was that my wife's card was sent to our old address, despite my writing and calling-in the address change to VSC. And, to top that, the US Postal service happily forwarded the mail (WHICH FOR INS MAIL THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO!!!! ) and we received it at our new address.

Anyway, as long as we receive the card, I think we can be happy.

BTW, if Srikar is your husband's name, did he go to PSG Tech. in Coimbatore? If so, we might know each other.

-Palaniappan Rajaram

stamping on 10/30 and card ordered on 12/3

I got my stamping done at Newark. I was wondering if the message changes after one gets the card (or once the card is sent out to the individual(s) )

Anyone, share experience ??

usually 1 week

I think it usually takes 1 week to receive actual cards after message changes to 'CARD ORDERED'

As far as the plastic card is concerned,

I do see a pattern here.

I'm the primary applicant. We did the stamping around mid October. The online message changed to "card ordered" for me about a month later, and I received the actual card last week. As for my husband, nothing has changed since the stamping.

Now, why do wives get cards first? Does INS run extra checks on guys even in the card production stage? It's highly unlikely but I can't think of a better reason. Or, is it purely accidental?

Count me in alongwith those who are waiting for plastic

Online message and AVM still blurts the same old message that our case has been approved and on October 09, 2002, an approval notice was mailed,blah blah blah.....
Stamping was done six weeks ago and an international trip was undertaken too.
Still no sign of the plastic for both primary and spouse.

VSC/EB3, PD 06/99, RD 08/27/01, ND 10/17/01, AP recd, FP 01/15/2002, RFE 07/09/2002 replied on 25th July 2002, AD 9th October 2002, PP stamping 10/28/2002 at Hartford. Awaiting plastic.

I also got stamped at HARTFORD on 10/25/02 and awaiting for plastic card. AVM is still showing the same old message.

Thanks

It's been more than 2 months for me now.

pp stamped 30 sept 2002 (philly)
AVM still says "case approved on ............"
called IIO and she said its being worked on and wait for 1 month and I should hear something.