Card Tracker for those who stamped in Sept 2004 in SJC

card mailed for spouse

thunderstruck said:
Got a mail from USCIS that my card was mailed on 10.23.2004.

:D :D :D
AD 9/20
SD 10/13
CO 10/21
CM 10/25 (for spouse )
CM ... waiting for primary

see my signature. Also, "welcome to USA" notices received 2 days prior to plastic cards. These notices have a different WAC# (04) than my AOS case. AOS case says "APPROVED". WAC# on plastic is the new one, not my good old WAC02103.

ruxrux said:
see my signature. Also, "welcome to USA" notices received 2 days prior to plastic cards. These notices have a different WAC# (04) than my AOS case. AOS case says "APPROVED". WAC# on plastic is the new one, not my good old WAC02103.

ruxrux,
Congratulations. Are you talking about email notices with "Welcome..." or actual snail mail notices.

Card Received!!!

Got my card by mail yesterday(10/26/2004). I have seen a few cards before, but this is one impressively good looking piece of plastic, especially because it has my face on it :D . Everything was fast and timely.

Good luck to all others. Thanks to everyone on the forum for all the information during the whole process. See below for complete details on my case.

WAC02279XXXXX
AD: 8/31/2004
PS: 9/20/2004 at SJC
PC: 10/28/2004
waiting for the card to arrive

Last status update on 10/28/2004:
Processing for your Alien Registration Card or Green Card has been completed.
Your BCIS document will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Card received

WAC02279XXXXX
AD: 8/31/2004
PS: 9/20/2004 at SJC
PC: 10/28/2004
CO: 11/1/2004
CM: 11/4/2004
CR: 11/10/2004

For some reason, the card was mailed to my old address which CSC was no longer supposed to have on file. I had done AR-11 + CSC change of address fax + specified a new address on I-89 during stamping, but STILL they used the old address...

In my case, the old address happened to be my work address, so no delivery problems. Anyways, the envelope DOES NOT contain the words "return service requested", so this letter should get forwarded by USPS mail forwarding if necessary.

The cards for me and my family were sent to my old address, and the post office did not forward them but returned them to USCIS (see my posting in this thread). I am sure there can be some inconsistency in USCIS or USPS, but if the envelopes were not marked "return service requested" or something to that effect, why were they returned instead of forwarded together with my regular mail?