Card Production ordered

SarX

Registered Users (C)
Finally, the long awaited email/decision has come:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On September 8, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

see signature for case specifications

I too received the same e-mail today. But I also got the same e-mail 5 days ago. Very strange. Why would they send the same email twice?

In any case, they say GC comes in the mail in 30 days. But what is the typical arrival time? I'm planning to be out of the country in a few days, but wasn't sure if I'll get the card in hand before I leave. Thought of getting I-551 stamp on the passport, but I don't haven't received the approval letter yet. I just have an email saying 'production card ordered.' Can I use this e-mail to obtain the stamp? Someone told me that it's not possible to get the stamp on the passport if the card has already been ordered. Can someone shed some light on this?

Congratulations

I too received the same e-mail today. But I also got the same e-mail 5 days ago. Very strange. Why would they send the same email twice?

In any case, they say GC comes in the mail in 30 days. But what is the typical arrival time? I'm planning to be out of the country in a few days, but wasn't sure if I'll get the card in hand before I leave. Thought of getting I-551 stamp on the passport, but I don't haven't received the approval letter yet. I just have an email saying 'production card ordered.' Can I use this e-mail to obtain the stamp? Someone told me that it's not possible to get the stamp on the passport if the card has already been ordered. Can someone shed some light on this?

Congrats to you both. Hey h14life.. Good to hear about your approval. I sent you a PM. Please reply when you get time.

Thanks.

Would you mind sharing your case details?

MORE update as of 11/24 evening. I got my green card in the afternoon of 11/24. Very relieved!!! Thanks for everyone's support on this forum. If anyone has questions, please send me a private message.

Details of my case can be seen here: http://www.trackitt.com/member/h14life/

When was your name check cleared ? Have you been calling them before your approval ? what did theyh were telling you ? My date is current and they say it will be processed.

Namecheck

When was your name check cleared ? Have you been calling them before your approval ? what did theyh were telling you ? My date is current and they say it will be processed.

When I was interviewed in August 2008, the namecheck wasn't cleared at that time; however my dates weren't current then under EB3. Then I took an infopass appt. in (early) November when my dates were current; and they said that my name check was cleared; it was just a matter of time as to when my case would be adjudicated. And sure enough 2 to 3 weeks later things moved rapidly.

What is your PD/RD/EB?

On 11/3/08, I received an e-mail stating "Card Production Ordered".
On 11/5/08, I received the same e-mail again "Card Production Ordered".

Does any body receive the same e-mail twice? Is it normal?
It says in the e-mail that I will get the Card within 30 days, When should I be expecting the actual card in the mail?

Thanks

On 11/3/08, I received an e-mail stating "Card Production Ordered".
On 11/5/08, I received the same e-mail again "Card Production Ordered".

Does any body receive the same e-mail twice? Is it normal?
Yes
It says in the e-mail that I will get the Card within 30 days, When should I be expecting the actual card in the mail?
anywhere between a week and 30 days