Card production ordered

foret1

Registered Users (C)
wow i can't beleive it! i just got the following email from uscis:

"Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On November 27, 2006, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

i expected to first get an email saying case approved before card ordered. but this is the same right: card ordered means case approved? and if that is the case, i am confused as to why their email advises to register to get emails updates as they process the case?

does anyone know how long it usually takes to get the card once it's ordered? the reason i am asking is that i am moving on 12/31/06. don't know if that should be plenty of time to get the card or if i should notify them of the new address now?

i am so giddy/excited right now, and yet a bit afraid that i may be reading too much into this message...