Card Production Ordered--Travel outside the US

greengolum

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

Out of the blue, the magic email arrived few hours ago "Card Production Ordered". I am still processing this news.:D

But, to the question now, I am scheduled to leave the country on 13th Dec. I am not sure I will receive the Physical Green Card before I leave and I don't want to change my travel plans because it is too difficult and costly. What steps should I take now. Off course, I have my AP with me.

Any assistance is highly valued--Thanks

Folks,

Out of the blue, the magic email arrived few hours ago "Card Production Ordered". I am still processing this news.:D

But, to the question now, I am scheduled to leave the country on 13th Dec. I am not sure I will receive the Physical Green Card before I leave and I don't want to change my travel plans because it is too difficult and costly. What steps should I take now. Off course, I have my AP with me.

Any assistance is highly valued--Thanks

Hi greengolum,

Congratulation!!!!

I received my card a week and couple days after my Case Online Status changed to "Card Production Ordered". But I know individuals who received the GC two,three weeks after Welcome Letter.

Folks,

The best way is to schedule Infopass and get temporary I-551 stamp.

Thank You Guys. Appreciate the quick response. Yes, it has been a very very long journey. I am totally relieved of all the tension and constant checking of the online status. Now, if I can jump through the one last hurdle, a bit of relief.

I have scheduled an Infopass appt for early next week, we will see what happens.

Cheers

You can use AP to reenter the US if you haven't received the card yet.

I don't know if Infopass will give you an I-551 stamp, given that you don't even have a paper approval notice yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure the "Card production ordered" email is for the green card. A friend recently got such an email and got excited about the green card being approved, then carefully reread it the next day only to realize it was for the EAD renewal!

Folks, I think the "card production ordered" is for the 1-485. Because yesterday I received a notice saying "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident" however it also says "Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later."

So, I am not exactly sure so I haven't really gotten my hopes up yet. I have scheduled an INFOPASS for tomorrow, will find out what the status is and whether they will give us a temporary stamp on the passport.:confused:

Because I am really hoping to travel by Dec. 13th. I haven't been home-home in a long time.

greengolum,

I received my card exactly a week after I got the "Card production ordered" e-mail, along with the approval notice by US Postal Service mail. Case was from TSC and I live near a metropolis. Since you have your AP do not stress your self anymore ... you can use that.

HTH

Folks an update,

I just returned from the INFOPASS session. Now, it was an interesting session and the IO was really really nice and very very helpful. In the past I haven't had such positive experience. Now, that being said. Here is the strange thing, the IO said there is nothing in the system that suggests that my case has been approved, but he was able to confirm that my NC was cleared. However, he could not say anything that confirmed that AOS as been sanctioned although I received such emails over the weekend.

He also pointed out that if the AOS is sanctioned. The AP becomes null and void because you are no longer a parolee, but LPR. So, if you are LPR you cannot be paroled back into the United States. The LPR becomes a valid form of entry and work authorization. So, we are not exactly sure how I am going to leave the country and re-enter, unless some one else opens our mailbox and then fedexs the GC. Off course, we can always postpone or cancel the trip, which would be terrible in its own way.

Another issue to keep in mind is that ADIT processing info including in CRIS email is deceptive, if you have already done your biometrics and if it was okay, you are all set. Unless and otherwise, you get specific written instructions to do another FP, you get the GC in mail and you are set-you are LPR--that is the end of the road.

I am also expecting the approval notices and GC from TSC. I got emails on 7th and 8th, hence I am expecting that the physical card and approval notices will arrive somewhere about the 17th or 18th, latest.

Thanks for all the help from this forum.

In the same boat as you

I was approved on 4th Dec. Card mailed on 7th. I was planning on visiting home country on 12th. To make things complicate urther, I also had a address change last week. So in all probablilty I will not have anything in mail until the day I am supposed to leave. I have Infopass appt tomorrow (11th Dec) afternoon. Hopefully there will some sympathetic officer will grant I551without I797.

Let me know your experience, I think they no longer do the 1-555, so I am not sure if they will do it any longer. I am also supposed to leave the country on the 13th DEC.

I was approved on 4th Dec. Card mailed on 7th. I was planning on visiting home country on 12th. To make things complicate urther, I also had a address change last week. So in all probablilty I will not have anything in mail until the day I am supposed to leave. I have Infopass appt tomorrow (11th Dec) afternoon. Hopefully there will some sympathetic officer will grant I551without I797.

GreenGolum,
I will provide an update after my infopass experience. However, I do not understand your comment regarding USCIS no longer I-551:confused:. Is that even with the approval notice? ICan you post a any link to that piece information? Thanks.

Well, my case was different, the IO did not even discuss it because he said, that the stamp was not possibility because he did not see the approval on his internal system and I did not have physical approval notice with me. So, your case might be different.

GreenGolum,
I will provide an update after my infopass experience. However, I do not understand your comment regarding USCIS no longer I-551:confused:. Is that even with the approval notice? ICan you post a any link to that piece information? Thanks.

hey guys,
I also got this "card ordered" email today. Does that mean that our case is approved? If it is, can get go for INFOPASS to get the temp stamp?

He also pointed out that if the AOS is sanctioned. The AP becomes null and void because you are no longer a parolee, but LPR. So, if you are LPR you cannot be paroled back into the United States.
But I know of people who used the AP to return, and the officers at the POE knew their green card was approved. Maybe they're let into the US as permanent residents, not paroled in. But they were let in.

Lots of people get approved while outside the US, some of them not even knowing about it until they return. And since you don't have the card or paper approval, and Infopass doesn't show the approval in the system, you don't really know if you've been approved. Talk to your lawyer if you're still concerned about it.

hey greengolum,
I just came back from the INFOPASS. I was told the same thing. I even showed her a print out of the "welcoming" email. She told me that nothing in her system showed that I was approved. Later, she told me that the officer has my case right now as of today and he/she will look at it within 90 days. Did you get anymore updates from the USCIS website since 12/7/07?

Card Production Ordered--12/07/07 (CRIS Email)
Welcoming New Resident-12/08/07 (CRIS Email)
Approval Notice Sent--12/11/07 (CRIS Email)

LUD-12/07/07
LUD-12/08/07
LUD-12/10/07
LUD-12/11/07

hey greengolum,
I just came back from the INFOPASS. I was told the same thing. I even showed her a print out of the "welcoming" email. She told me that nothing in her system showed that I was approved. Later, she told me that the officer has my case right now as of today and he/she will look at it within 90 days. Did you get anymore updates from the USCIS website since 12/7/07?

Got it!!!

The IO was rude. Refused initially to stamp saying that they can't do anything since the card is mailed and you should not plan on travelling while waiting for the card. naver mind I had the tickets for 3 months. But some how she had a change of heart. She talked to somebody and then decided to put the stamp in the passport.

So a lot depends on the IO. Take you tickets with you. good luck.

Now off to worry-free trip home.

thanks greengolum,
did you actually get an actual "welcoming letter" in your mailbox (not email)? Please let me know when you have anymore updates, thanks.