Card Production Ordered mail

Often stuff from USCIS is marked "Return Service Requested" which means that USPS won't forward it, despite what you told them.

I should say its probably too late to do anything about it. If you filed the address change form then its their fault. If they do deliver it to the wrong address and you get it OK, you should probably file the AR-11 with them again.

Mail Forwarding

Dr Ilha
I have previously received USCIS correspondence forwarded to my current address. I talked to the post office and they indicated they will forward unless its marked 'No Forwarding'

I am confused. If i refile AR 11 now, it will complicate delivery. I am moving out of my current address in a month.

And you indicated this could be ground for deportation? I talked to A USCIS customer rep who told me that even if you file AR11 and you dont call to confirm receipt with customer rep, then it has no effect.

At this rate i guess my card will be returned and i will have to refile and go through a long tedous process.

Anyone been in this position before?

Thanks

Difficult this one, but I would personally take the chance that USPS will forward my mail. If you have a good relationship with the mailman, you should be OK. Not all mail from USCIS is marked "don't forward". My Green Card was, but I've heard from people recently that theirs hasn't been. If your card is returned, you don't need to refile BTW.

As for the AR-11 thing, you are required by law to keep USCIS informed of your change of address within 10 days of moving. Failure to do so can result in your deportation, yes.

However it sounds like you did file AR-11. Is the issue that you didn't call them to confirm it.

My advice is to sit tight and see what happens. If you get your GC, then great, then you can file your AR-11 when you move again. Don't worry about it until it happens.

Remember - I am not a lawyer, this is just friendly advice.

Thanks

I wish i knew this before. When should i start worrying about the inevitable?

is there a way of finding out what address could be current in the online portfolio or should i schedule an info pass?

worries, worries and more worries. I hope you understand my anxiety.

when should i worry and make a move?

the email was sent on 9th.

still waiting

I received onother email about approval mail being sent. is that a physical letter?

I have notified the tenants in my old address to receive my mail. I dont know if the post office will deliver there anyway, since i have mail forwarding.

i went for Info pass. The IO reviewed my file and saw that i indeed filed ar 11, and they screwed up.

will take my chances and see what happens next week.

from reading posts here, it should be a week after the 'card production mail' to receive the GC.

But do i receive the welcome/approval letter first?

thanks!

I got the card ordered on the 10th saying that on the 9th they ordered my card. On the 12th, I got the approval email. The same day, in the afternoon, I got the letter on my mailbox (physical letter). My wife's approval letter came two days after (today, th 14th).

So to answer your question, in my case Yes the apprval notice or welcome notice came first. I am guessing sometimes next week I'll get my card.

Don't be too worry, your case was approved !! Relax.

from reading posts here, it should be a week after the 'card production mail' to receive the GC.

But do i receive the welcome/approval letter first?

thanks!

see beyond

you have the exact timelines i have. I received the card ordered email on the 10th saying they ordered my card on 9th. I also received the approval sent email on 12th. I havent received the letter though.
If you read my earlier post, the INS screwed up on my AR11 change of address. They mailed the letters/GC to my old address. I have mail forwarding from USPS, and i talked to the tenants in my old address. I am constantly going there to check for mail. Your letter came in quick. what state are you in?

I am hoping they will deliver to my old address, since i know USPS doesnt forward mail.

will keep you posted. Thanks and keep me posted about your GC.

I am in MD. Like I said, regardless of whether you get the card/approval letter now or later. You will get it. Your applicaiton was approved.

I think your best bet is probably talk to the postman. At least here in my area it's always the same postman to deliver letters in my block.

Good luck.

you have the exact timelines i have. I received the card ordered email on the 10th saying they ordered my card on 9th. I also received the approval sent email on 12th. I havent received the letter though.
If you read my earlier post, the INS screwed up on my AR11 change of address. They mailed the letters/GC to my old address. I have mail forwarding from USPS, and i talked to the tenants in my old address. I am constantly going there to check for mail. Your letter came in quick. what state are you in?

I am hoping they will deliver to my old address, since i know USPS doesnt forward mail.

will keep you posted. Thanks and keep me posted about your GC.

congratulations

Please tell me what the envelope on the card is endorsed with? does it say 'no forwarding? or what restrictions is on it?

I have two options:

1. I talked to my old address tenants and the USPS delivery guy, and if the post office delivers to the old address i will get it. But i dont know if the post office checks if i have forwarding before delivering. That depends on the delivery endorsements on the envelope. Is it also priority or first class or standard mail?

2. keeping my fingers crossed. I am hoping to know this week

congrats see beyond, and thanks for the update

Got the card

Just got the card. The post office forwarded it despite the endorsement on the letter.

Exactly one week after the card production email

i am so happy

:D :D :D

Thanks Ilha and See beyond

Congrats Burning Spear!

I'm sorry if I caused you any undue worry, but I have known people who didn't get so lucky. Did the envelope have anything written on it about "Return Service Requested" or anything? It would be nice ot know if USCIS has definitely stopped doing that.

Thanks

The envelope said 'Return service Requested' which technically means USPS should not forward since the sender pays for mail to be returned.
I just got lucky. USPS forwarded the mail to my new address and marked it with a yellow sticker saying ' notify sender of new address'

Should i still do the online change of address to reflect my current address? They had the physical letter but didnt change the online system. Or should i wait until the 30 days is over?

Appreciate all your help. The card and the welcome letter was in the same envelope.

The envelope said 'Return service Requested' which technically means USPS should not forward since the sender pays for mail to be returned.
Damn, annoying that they still do that.
I just got lucky. USPS forwarded the mail to my new address and marked it with a yellow sticker saying ' notify sender of new address'
Yep, you got lucky!
Should i still do the online change of address to reflect my current address? They had the physical letter but didnt change the online system. Or should i wait until the 30 days is over?
If you sent them a AR-11, then I think you've done everything you need to do. Did you sponsor send in I-865 (assuming your GC is based on your marriage to a USC)?
Appreciate all your help. The card and the welcome letter was in the same envelope.
Bizarre, I always thought card and welcome letter came seperately! Mine did! :) Guess no two cases are the same.

nope

I have been an asylee since 2003, and filed for adjustment last July. I guess i will wait for 4 years to file N400(GC Backdated by 1yr). Other than that, i am done for now.

Will continue to be in this great forum though

OK. I guess that's why your case was different. Did the Green Card come from Lee's Summit, MO or somewhere else?