Card Production Ordered but Travel on AP

ImmiCrap

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I passed the final bridge and late received got a status change email "Card Production Ordered" for my I-485. I have not received anything else yet and no other update. I am flying out on vacation to my home country this week on AP. My lawyer told me to go ahead on AP for now.
My question is that I have read a lot of people go for passport stamping to the local INS office in a scenario where you have the approval notice received in mail but no card in hand and get the passport stamped. I want to know whether I can do that and whether I should do that considering that I have a valid AP and no approval notice and very slight chance of getting a notice before I leave. Would there be issue traveling on AP?

Expert opinion welcome.

Thank you all.

Hi guys,

I passed the final bridge and late received got a status change email "Card Production Ordered" for my I-485. I have not received anything else yet and no other update. I am flying out on vacation to my home country this week on AP. My lawyer told me to go ahead on AP for now.
My question is that I have read a lot of people go for passport stamping to the local INS office in a scenario where you have the approval notice received in mail but no card in hand and get the passport stamped. I want to know whether I can do that and whether I should do that considering that I have a valid AP and no approval notice and very slight chance of getting a notice before I leave. Would there be issue traveling on AP?

Expert opinion welcome.

Thank you all.

It should not be a problem. Technically, you are supposed to know that you got your GC only after you physically receive it in the mail... It just so happens that you went online and checked your status etc, but that doesnt mean anything. You can travel with your AP.. no problem

Hi guys,

Expert opinion welcome.

Thank you all.

Congrats on your GC. Care to share your case detail?

Thanks..It was totally unexpected considering that I am from one of those countries where the chances of getting stuck in name check are very high. I wasn't expecting an approval before the end of next year so when I checked last week and saw the status change, I was in for a shock. I seriously couldn't believe it. I had filed concurrent in EB2 in April this year and even after getting an RFE for I-140, I got approval of 485 in less than 6 months.