Card Ordered!!!

samy123

Registered Users (C)
Messaged changed to:

On January 17, 2003, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

After than I was talking to an IIO in CSC who mentioned that the card printing machine in Kentucky is not working and they have a big backlog of card to be printed.

I thought I'll pass on this info to fellow waiters..

Has anybody heard similar news?

samy123

Stamped in Jul'02

The passport was stamped in mid Jul 2002. My wife got the card more than a month back.... I am still waiting...

I called several times to check with the IIO. May be they acted after that...who know.

samy123

Card Recived!!!

Finally, I received my card on 31st Jan! The long journey is over!!!

For all those waiting, hang in there...

samy123

Question for Samy123

Hello Samy123,

Congratulations on getting your card. I have one question. My wife too received her card more than 1 month ago. I called today and and asked about my card. IIO gave me usual bull reply that "May be your wife is lucky. It is taking 12-18 months for getting the card."

You mentioned in your post that you called several times to inquire about your card. My question to you is what kind of responses did you get from IIO.

My 485 was approved in July 2002. I was hoping that this was over but apparently it is not.

Achiever

IIO(s) pleasant to talk to..

On all occassions (5-6), I had good experience talking to the IIO. I think what you should ask is whether you I-89 has been scanned or not into the system. Before that they do some kind of border security check. One other thing you may want to ask is if your file is their stock/storage room or not. I have heard that sometimes the file goes to National Storage Center or somewhere. Once they do that the card should arrive in a week or so.

Even in my case, my wife's card came a month before me... What I was told is that each case is handled differently at this stage...

Be patient and hopeful...

Good luck!
samy123