Card not Received - Spoke to IO

godawgs

Registered Users (C)
My 485 was approved on 6/20 and they had mailed the card on 6/25. But till date I have not received it. I called TSC and spoke to IO who told me that they had an old address on the file. I was surprised as I have received my FP notice at the new address and presumed that they have the latest address on the file.

Anyways, after some persuasion she took my new address and updated it. Got LUDs the night and morning after the address change by the IO. She said that once the mail returns, it will be re-sent to the new address.

Question: Does the online status change if the mail returns back to them?? Mine hasn't changed yet and it has been 18 days already since they sent the mail.

Card Not Received

Once they receive the return mail, they will update your record and an email will be sent to you. recently it happend to me. They have correct address on their file still it returned as undeliverable. I waiting for them to re-send. what is the number you called and what options you have choosen?

I called the 1800 number and used the options that was suggested somewhere here in this forum.

In my sons case, got the following email after it was returned from our old address.

Current Status: Card mailed to applicant.
On July 5, 2007, we mailed the new card directly to the address we have on file. You should receive your new card within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

If the mail man/woman at the wrong address returns it asap, you should get it fast (within a week).

Last edited by a moderator:
In my sons case, got the following email after it was returned from our old address.

Current Status: Card mailed to applicant.
On July 5, 2007, we mailed the new card directly to the address we have on file. You should receive your new card within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

If the mail man/woman at the wrong address returns it asap, you should get it fast (within a week).
newram,

in your sons case, how long did it take for the mail to return back since you received the "Card Mailed" email the first time. In my case, it has been over 18 days now and the status hasn't changed yet. It does not appear to have returned yet to USCIS.