Card mailed update

newdoc

Registered Users (C)
On Feb 5th the USCIS online system shows that " Approval notice sent" for me, my wife and my son (5 yrs). On Feb 6th USCIS online message shows "card mailed" for me and my wife. But no udate on my son's card it still shows "approval notice sent". I remember that for my 5 yr old son he did not have any FP, do you think he needs to have FP before he gets the card.

I need your help if anybody went through a similar situation or knows how it works for minors.
thanks in advance
newdoc

same boat

We were on the same boat. We received my child's FP appointment later than we did. Minor child (under 14) only needs to do index finger and picture.

Congratulations!

newdoc said:
On Feb 5th the USCIS online system shows that " Approval notice sent" for me, my wife and my son (5 yrs). On Feb 6th USCIS online message shows "card mailed" for me and my wife. But no udate on my son's card it still shows "approval notice sent". I remember that for my 5 yr old son he did not have any FP, do you think he needs to have FP before he gets the card.

I need your help if anybody went through a similar situation or knows how it works for minors.
thanks in advance
newdoc

Congrats to both of you.

Arydk

Hi newdoc,
On Feb 7th the USCIS online system showed that " Approval notice sent" for me, my husband and my son (6 yrs). It was then changed to "Card mailed" for me and my husband and 2 days later and we received our cards too. But no update on my son's case. So please update me and so will I .

Hi crazy_gc_race,

after lot of phone calls and consulting my lawyer, I got conflicting views. I called up TSC several times and each time a got a new answer, so I was completely in the dark. Finally day before yesterday I was able to talk to a very nice immigration officer at TSC, after hearing my case that my son is 5 yrs old she said that there are lots of these mistakes like these nowadays, and she don't know how this can be corrected. She said my son does not need any FP, she suggested to send 2 copies of photos, gave me an address where it should be sent and write a cover letter stating (1) scan photos; (2) produce cards (3) a copy of I485 approval notice (4) Receipt number. She advised me to write at the left hand conner of my envelope "DO NOT OPEN". After this I asked her that can I get a confirmation number for this, as different officers at TSC is giving me different views, so she gave me her officer number, her FAX number, Her Name, and told me if after 2 weeks I do not get my son's card I can send her a FAX and she will take care of that. After this also yesterday before sending I called up TSC and another officer gave me a different answer, then I gave her all the information which I had with the other officer, she then told me to wait and after sometime another immigration officer came and heard my case and said that the previous offer is correct I need to send the photos as the officer has advised earlier. Now lets see what happens.

Hope this helps
newdoc

HOw did you get direct tel # to NSC and how were u able to talk to immigration officer. Can u pl share that number. Als do you have direct number where I can talk to immigration officer in Vermont service center. PLease help. I am trying to transfer my i-485 concurrently filed with EB-2 NIW to my newly approved I-140 EB-1 Extra Ordinary ability but even after sneind 4 letters with Pearson memp attached which says it can be done they have not done anyting. I am in deperate need to talk to an adjudicator in VSC. PLease write back or tell me the source where I can find direct tel # for Immigration officer i VSC. Thanks,

Hi mogambo1,

my case is with TCS, so I don't know how to contact NSC. I have used the POJ technique to contact officer at TSC. Hope this helps.

newdoc

Hi Newdoc,

Thanks a lot. I will also try the same. In the meantime if there is any movement in your son's case please update. I will also let you know what happens on our side.

Hi Crazy_gc_race,

I have sent the Photos by priority mail with tracking and found that TSC has received it today. Now lets see what happens. Is there any development on your child card?

newdoc

Hi newdoc,
We did not do anything on our part. We received a letter for fingerprinting on Monday and we took him for fingerprinting on Friday and today we got an LUD change stating that the card production is ordered. Sorry since my son was not keeping well so I could not update you earlier.
Keep updating on your status ans let me know if you need more details.

Thanks
Crazy_gc_race