Car import

Hello Mister

Good day everyone ... I had moved to the US on TN a few years back and brought along my Canada purchased vehicle with me. At that time, I was not sure if I'd stay in the US or go back. I got my car plated in the US and the state did not have any requirement for any formal import. I did not have to do any formal import into the US. Things happened and fast fwd few years, I am still residing in the US. I want to gift my Canada-purchased (taxes already paid in Canada at the time of purchase) vehicle to my Canadian citizen friend who resides in Canada. How will the process work in this case? Would I just show up at the Canadian border with proof of original purchase and registration in Canada and request them to re-import the Canadian vehicle into Canada? Thanks for any tips that you can provide.

i have Q similar to that .

i moved my car recently from Ontario, canada to Texas, USA and i was also in uncertain about the i will remain in US for long term so i kept it with Canadian Plate and not import it .

Now things little changed and i want to continue in US and want to xfer my plate from Ontario -> Texas but no import paper work done on US customs , what is the process now ?

1. can i go directly to local Motor department of Texas and do the straight registration without import paper work ( my car is 2016 and have label of EPA and vehicle valid in USA as per manufacture )

2. or do i need to drive back vehicle to canadian - US border and complete the import formality and later finish my registration in Texas ?

pls help me if anyone in same situation before ?

i have Q similar to that .

i moved my car recently from Ontario, canada to Texas, USA and i was also in uncertain about the i will remain in US for long term so i kept it with Canadian Plate and not import it .

Now things little changed and i want to continue in US and want to xfer my plate from Ontario -> Texas but no import paper work done on US customs , what is the process now ?

1. can i go directly to local Motor department of Texas and do the straight registration without import paper work ( my car is 2016 and have label of EPA and vehicle valid in USA as per manufacture )

2. or do i need to drive back vehicle to canadian - US border and complete the import formality and later finish my registration in Texas ?

pls help me if anyone in same situation before ?
This was what I did ... i.e. I actually moved from Canada to US plates without doing #2

Hi guys,

I have an older (2009) Acura Mdx that I am planning to drive with me to GA from Canada. I DMV website in GA states the following is required for registration:
When a motor vehicle, not a trailer or a vehicle imported from Puerto Rico, is imported into the United States, the following federal forms are required:
1. If form CBP-7501 does not reflect the vehicle identification number (VIN) stating that the vehicle was manufactured for sale in the United States, an original and copy of properly completed US DOT Form HS-7 and US EPA Form 3520-1 are required
2. If form CBP-7501 does not reflect the vehicle identification number (VIN) stating that the vehicle was manufactured for sale in the United States, an original and copy of properly completed U. S. EPA Form 3520-1

Anyone had any experience with the HS-7, CBP-7501 or EPA 3520 forms?

Thank you in advance.

Not sure but I had many friends move to the state I live in and they didn't have to do any customs clearance to register vehicle