Cannot believe it !!!!! Name check completed after 17 months !!!!!

orangetreats

Registered Users (C)
Cannot believe this,

Just got email from FBI that name check done on "MARCH 4, 2005"....
Yes....last Friday.....!!!!!
Results were forwarded to FBI, Wash,DC....

Not sure what to make of this email.... How come they cleared my name check and sent it last Friday.... I got this email last Saturday......

Now should I expect to see a LUD change !!!!!

BTW, I had called up USICS some time last Dec.... was told that all checks completed and I should wait for officer to pick up my case !!!! Now I think she was talking BS !!!!!

your 485 approval is on the way!

I think your 485 approval is just a few days away!

orangetreats said:
Cannot believe this,

Not sure what to make of this email.... How come they cleared my name check and sent it last Friday.... I got this email last Saturday......

BTW, I had called up USICS some time last Dec.... was told that all checks completed and I should wait for officer to pick up my case !!!! Now I think she was talking BS !!!!!

Orangetreats:
Good news. Did you send a letter/email to FBI recently? If so when?
Nvmnd

Namecheck status check

I sent an email to FBI last week on Namecheck status. I got the format of the email from one of the forum. I have not received any response.

How else can I know if the Namecheck has been completed for my case.

Thanks,
Vidyakalyan

orangetreats
when did you send your email to fbi ? or was it a letter ?
Thanks for letting us know
veeru_

orangetreats said:
Cannot believe this,

Guys ...!!!! I think you get fastest response via letter to Mr. Hardy...I got a response within a month !!!!!!

In the response they mentioned that "we are responding to your letter dated ..."
Emails/fax get the slowest response !!!!!

Although I had sent both !!!!!!

This is my conclusion through my experience !!!!!!

veeru_ said:
orangetreats
when did you send your email to fbi ? or was it a letter ?
Thanks for letting us know
veeru_

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply orangetreats . just one more question, do you remember the date you had sent the letter ? The reason i am asking is that I too had sent a letter sometime back.

Thanks once again

orangetreats said:
Guys ...!!!! I think you get fastest response via letter to Mr. Hardy...I got a response within a month !!!!!!

In the response they mentioned that "we are responding to your letter dated ..."
Emails/fax get the slowest response !!!!!

Although I had sent both !!!!!!

This is my conclusion through my experience !!!!!!

Letter was sent on Feb 11 2005

veeru_ said:
Thanks for the reply orangetreats . just one more question, do you remember the date you had sent the letter ? The reason i am asking is that I too had sent a letter sometime back.

Thanks once again

I sent letter ( certified mail with acknowledgement) to david hardley on 19-Feb-2005. However i am not received any response.. until today..

the acknowledment which i received from FBI was not signed by David. :confused:

Only god knows.. what needs to be done to fix this whole process.

I wrote letter to Mr. David Hardy on Feb 18th and I received response on March 3rd. And when I posted the letter, I have sent the return receipt and the acknowledgment was not signed by Mr.David and it was signed by somebody else in his office.
So don't get disappointed and just wait for some more time and you should hear something soon. Good Luck!
dashDurai said:
I sent letter ( certified mail with acknowledgement) to david hardley on 19-Feb-2005. However i am not received any response.. until today..

the acknowledment which i received from FBI was not signed by David. :confused:

Only god knows.. what needs to be done to fix this whole process.

well I got a response email from FBI as follows.

The FBI completed a name check for you on December 19, 2002, and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Headquarters, Washington, DC.

But I got a response from USCIS that you application is pending due to security checks, My both finger prints were cleared on Jan 2003 and June 2004.

Any one have any idea what other security checks left on the case.

Faxed Expedite request on 2/25/05
Inquired about the case on 10/22/04, 11/29/04, 2/15/05
I140 file date 11/9/02 RFE 3/4/03 Aprove 5/18/03
I485 Receipt date 11/18/02
I485 LUD 6/15/04, 6/16/04, 7/30/04, 11/10/04, 11/11/04, 11/24/04, 11/29/04, 12/16/04, 12/17/04, 2/20/05,2/21/05 (no message change)

Inquired about the case on 10/25/04, 12/21/04
Spouse's LUD 11/22/04, 12/30/04, 12/31/04, 3/1/05, 3/2/05, 3/3/05

orangetreats,
my case looks very similar to yours. ND, Sept 18, 2003 (EB2)
got an email from FBI that name check sent to USCIS on Feb23, 2005. Talked to some person in vermont in december 2004 and he said that all checks were completed at that time.

have you tried initiating a status inquiry or sending an expedite request or both ? alos i doubt if LUD changes with name check. My spouse had her name check completed on March 4, 2004 with no change in LUD.