Cancelling CP and doing AOS?

vikram2002

Dear all,

I applied for CP and my packet 3 has already been sent to Mumbai. I am expecting an interview in April/May. I am single and applied for CP for self. As fate would have it, I recently met someone in India I am interested in marrying! Once you are done laughing, can you please tell me if anyone has experience with cancelling CP and starting AOS process, so I can possibly include my spouse?

Thanks
vikram

You dont have to cancel AOS

While ur CP,just notify the consulate and fill up DS230 PART1 OF UR WOULD BE AND send it across.Probably she wont be interviewed the same day but she would get the GC, if you do it before comming to USA for the first time after getting ur immigratnt visa..

congrats and all the best
Shanks

Yes, you can bring her with you on CP.

If possible get a registered marraige before the CP and she can appear with you for CP Interview.
You need to fill in a 230 I for her

Don\'t cancel CP before giving it a thought...

there are ways for you to postpone your interview, there are ways for you to bring your spouse along with you or shortly after you...so don\'t leave CP at this stage and get into the AOS wait. I have seen many postings where individuals go to India and combine marriage+CP and hit two birds with one stone.

if allgoes well u guys can "officially" get married before the CP interview date ..

and then she can always follow u within 6 months of the stamp date.