Cancelled without prejuce...

rs1518

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I sent my visa for revalidation to St. Louis.
It came back after 3 months, saying that they cannot stamp it since it has expired over a year (which is true).
The irony is that they put a stamp saying "cancelled without prejudice" on the existing expired visa.

I was planning to go to India.

Has this happened to somebody before?
Though I have valid I94 and H1B visa till end of next year I am a little concerned about getting into trouble.

Can anybody advice.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by rs1518
Hello,
It came back after 3 months, saying that they cannot stamp it since it has expired over a year (which is true).
The irony is that they put a stamp saying "cancelled without prejudice" on the existing expired visa.

I was planning to go to India.

Has this happened to somebody before?
Though I have valid I94 and H1B visa till end of next year I am a little concerned about getting into trouble.

Can anybody advice.

Thanks in advance.

You are contradicting yourself. First you say that your visa has expired for more than 1 year. Then you say your h1b visa is valid until end of next year.
Post the facts correctly before someone can help you.

there is nothing contradictory. the visa stamp in passport may have expired but as long as one has valid I-94 and H1 is valid there is no problem.

If you want to travel you can always get another stamp at the consulate in your country.

Originally posted by aosorcp
there is nothing contradictory. the visa stamp in passport may have expired but as long as one has valid I-94 and H1 is valid there is no problem.

If you want to travel you can always get another stamp at the consulate in your country.

It IS contradictory. He used the term "visa" twice and with conflicting information. Please read his posting again.