Cancelled oath ceremony letter

okwu

I attended my N400 interview on march 1 2017. The officer checked the box " Congratulations, you have been recommended for approval. Next morning I checked online and it says I have been scheduled for oath ceremony and the letter has been mailed. The same day, another letter was mailed stating that my oath ceremony has been cancelled. I am freaking out right now. I am super nervous. I don't know what could have happened, that will warrant the cancellation. I have called the 800 number but I was told that no cancellation notice has been updated on my profile online. Right now, I have received both letters and they both have same date.

Does anyone have this kind of experience recently? I am in CA.

It happens quite a bit actually and usually has nothing to do with you the applicant, but rather the Field Office/Court might not be have able to hold Naturalization Ceremonies that day for some reason. Typically you will be getting a new date within a week or so.

It's happened to people I know and even if you google it you will realize it does happen.

Thanks for your response to my thread. Just want to give an update. I just got another letter to that effect which I have copied and pasted below. I am really confused, I don't know what next step to take. Any advise will be very helpful.

NOTICE OF USCIS MOTION TO REOPEN APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION
Dear xxxxxxxxxxxx:

This is a motion by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to reopen the decision approving your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, which you filed on , under section 316 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) with an intent to deny your application.

In this instance, it has come to the attention of the Service that the required backgrounds checks associated with your application have not been completed. Title 8, Code of Federal Regulations, Section 335.5 provides in part that, in the event that the Service receives information concerning an application for naturalization that has already been granted, but who has not yet taken the oath of allegiance, the Service shall remove the applicant’s name from any list of granted applications or of applicants scheduled for administration of the oath of allegiance, until such time as the matter can be resolved. Therefore, the Service has cancelled your scheduled appointment for the upcoming naturalization ceremony.

You are required to contact USCIS in writing within 15 days of the date of this motion if you wish to pursue naturalization. If you do not respond within this time period, USCIS will deny your application.

If you need additional information, please visit the USCIS Web site at or call our National Customer Service Center at 800. Additionally, you may make an appointment to speak to a USCIS staff member in person at the USCIS office having jurisdiction over your current place of residence. To schedule an appointment, go to xxxxxx and select INFOPASS.

Thanks for your response to my thread. Just want to give an update. I just got another letter to that effect which I have copied and pasted below. I am really confused, I don't know what next step to take. Any advise will be very helpful.

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxx:

This is a motion by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to reopen the decision approving your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, which you filed on , under section 316 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) with an intent to deny your application.

In this instance, it has come to the attention of the Service that the required backgrounds checks associated with your application have not been completed. Title 8, Code of Federal Regulations, Section 335.5 provides in part that, in the event that the Service receives information concerning an application for naturalization that has already been granted, but who has not yet taken the oath of allegiance, the Service shall remove the applicant’s name from any list of granted applications or of applicants scheduled for administration of the oath of allegiance, until such time as the matter can be resolved. Therefore, the Service has cancelled your scheduled appointment for the upcoming naturalization ceremony.

You are required to contact USCIS in writing within 15 days of the date of this motion if you wish to pursue naturalization. If you do not respond within this time period, USCIS will deny your application.

If you need additional information, please visit the USCIS Web site at or call our National Customer Service Center at 800. Additionally, you may make an appointment to speak to a USCIS staff member in person at the USCIS office having jurisdiction over your current place of residence. To schedule an appointment, go to xxxxxx and select INFOPASS.

hey, please how did you resolve this situation

hey, please how did you resolve this situation

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxx:

how did you solve this issue i a just got the same letter