Cancellation of Removal for Spouse of Asylum based GC holder (resides 11 yrs in US)

Hesitant

Registered Users (C)
Hi, everybody! My spouse is asylum based GC holder. We live in the US more than 10 years and I overstayed my B-2 visa. What do you think about possibility to get GC for me through Cancellaltion of Removal prosedure? Should Immigration Court consider my removal as "exceptional and extremely unusual hardship" to my spouse? He can't live with me in the country of persecution, right? Our marriage is real , we got married 30 years ago and have a grown-up son. Our marriage was interrupted by divorse, then we were remarried. Any ideas about my chances ?

Dr_ lha, thank you for your reply! You think the lawyer will be helpful in mine situation? Or I should wait until my husband will become a citizen? This is my concern -to wait, or get a lawyer right now...

If your husband is going to get his citizenship soon, then that makes life a lot simpler.

Its not clear from your original post, are you in removal proceedings right now (i.e. being deported), or have you simply overstayed your visa. If you've just overstayed then you should be a able to get a Green Card with no problem after your husband get his citizenship.

Hi, dr_lha, I am not in removal proceeding, no! I am just trying to figure out
is this "getting GC through Cancellation of Removal" stuff accelarate my immigration process. I know it is risky enough.