Cancellation of Interview by USCIS

marwan234

Registered Users (C)
Hi All.
I received two notices from USCIS yesterday regarding my application for naturalization.The first one dated Dec 2nd for scheduling my interview on January 07, 2014. The second one dated Dec 3rd for cancelling my interview. They said the cancellation was due to "Unforeseen Circumstances" and said that they will advise on further action on my case, to include rescheduling, in another notice. Anyone has this happen to him before? Any idea what would cause this?
I applied on Oc 3rd 2013 and had my FP done on Nov 1st.

The interview was originally scheduled in Fairfax VA on January 07, 2014. I plan to call them on Monday but i doubt i will get any useful info from them.

I thought the January 7 which you originally mentioned was your rescheduled date and the cancellation notice was for your previous interview date.

If you are in one of the states that got hit by the snowstorm, maybe they had to cancel a ton of interviews that were originally scheduled for last week and this week, and they gave those people new interview dates in January, bumping you out of your January spot.

Thanks Jackolantern, you may be right. I called USCIS this morning and the CS rep told me that it is quite common for this to happen. She said that the local office may have had a scheduling conflict and had to cancel my interview. She said that cancelling the apt does not mean there are issues with my case at present. She said i should be getting a new appointment soon. I guess if i do not hear from them in the next couple of weeks i will call them again. Any other suggestions or should i wait it out at this time?

Thanks Jackolantern, you may be right. I called USCIS this morning and the CS rep told me that it is quite common for this to happen. She said that the local office may have had a scheduling conflict and had to cancel my interview. She said that cancelling the apt does not mean there are issues with my case at present. She said i should be getting a new appointment soon. I guess if i do not hear from them in the next couple of weeks i will call them again. Any other suggestions or should i wait it out at this time?

My interview was cancelled three times by USCIS and last one I went I was told by the receptionist my files had not arrived yet
so that it was cancelled on spot.

Thanks for sharing your experience WBH. It must have been very frustrating for you. I hope i won't endure the same mental torture.
What was the time framed between each interview appointment?

Thanks for sharing your experience WBH. It must have been very frustrating for you. I hope i won't endure the same mental torture.
What was the time framed between each interview appointment?

roughly 50 days. Except that the last one that took place was only one week after last canceled one. I believed
I as so miserable even the receptionist took pity on me and he made soem personal efforts to check into
where my A file is.

After the process, I sent a thank-you card to him.