Canadian's denied entry to US ..Please hepl

Sallyanne

Registered Users (C)
Hopefully someone can help us answer some questions.
We don't know our status, how do we find out?
In 2008, my husband was Canadian landed Immigrant ( 30 yrs) and I am Canadian. He had a 10 year visa to visit the US. He had I-94 good for 6 months. We visited US on holiday and applied for extension to continue our holiday ( just retired and Rving) during those 6 months. Within the 6 months I 94, we received reply denying the extension. We left US within the I 94 visa time and before the req'd 30 days. But we had spent more than 6 months in US in a 1 year period including a previous trip.

When we went to go south for the 2008 winter the border patrol refused us entry and my husband had to voluntarily cancel his 10 year visa. We were told that we had to re establish ties to Canada??? No mention of ban, or bar was made. They wrote 22 cfr41.122 (h) (3)10-13-08 on the cancelled Visa
My husband has since become Canadian Citizen as we thought that would help? He has Canadian Passport now.

We have now gone to the border 18 months later with mortgage doc and tax notices, bills for 1 year at home address, proof of income, medical coverage docs and we were still denied entry.
They don't tell us anything about a time line or what else we need to prove that we just want to be snowbird for 5-6moths a year like thousands of others.

[1]How do we find out what our status is?
[2] And is there a ban?
[3]And what is needed to gain visitor entry again?
[4) And will we have to always go through a big process at the border?

Last edited by a moderator:
To spend even one day in US as a tourist, one MUST have a full-fledged residence outside US. If you have prrof of this, you are fine.

You were not denied entry due to any overstay on your part. You were denied entry because you could not prove you had a home in canada.

This is a situation often faced by snowbirds. They are laways encourgaed to carry a "Cdn residence folder" ion which they have copies of documents that show (a) that they continue to live in canada and (b) they wil be returning there by the agreed time.