canadian visitor to usa

dgandpj

Registered Users (C)
This should be a very simple question but I cannot find a definite answer anywhere I look. A Canadian can visit the usa for 6 months. How long does on have to be back in Canada before returning to the USA? Is it 6 months per year or can you stay 6 months, go home, have proof of staying overnight, then return again?

Thanks PJ

This should be a very simple question but I cannot find a definite answer anywhere I look. A Canadian can visit the usa for 6 months. How long does on have to be back in Canada before returning to the USA? Is it 6 months per year or can you stay 6 months, go home, have proof of staying overnight, then return again?

Thanks PJ

This is the answer: The person should be back to the home country (in this case, Canada) after VISITING the U.S. If you stay overnight or just for a few days in Canada only to get ready for your next "visit", you are not visiting the US, but your intention is to actually LIVE there, which is frowned at. Therefore, your stay in the US should look like you are really visiting the US and your presence in Canada should look like you are actually living in Canada just like you live at your home.

We have a home back in Canada, will that make a difference? Do we need to take documentation of such?

We have a home back in Canada, will that make a difference? Do we need to take documentation of such?

If your visits to the US are too frequent and give an impression of your intent to live in the US, the documents you show to the border officers might prove to be of no use.

hi I am also in the usa right now I dont intend to live here at all my husband is here we met while i was an aupair .. im from canada and he is from brazil but like alot of people has been living in the usa for almost half his life since he was 10 .. he cant come to canada because of his status and going to brazil is like a rare chance that he could get a travel visa.. we are currently doing the permanent residence papers but having problems with how to get brazil police checks if anyone know about that.. also may main question is i have been back and forth between the two countrys but am mostly in the states because i wanna be with my husband.. in july in total i will have been here 6 months out of the year.. but the last time i came to the states was march first.. i plan to go home in july for canada day weekend and a few days but can i come back after.. i wanted to know if it was 6 months out of the year or 6 months in total..???? please help me im stressing the thought of not seeing my husband till next january.. thanks