Canadian Visa Denial

wantmygcnow

Volunteer Moderator
I applied for a canadian visa today and the freaking lady denied me right there..there goes my 55 dollars. She said I Dindt have valid reason to go. I said the reason was tourism...I heard canadians were nicer..but this lady was a BIATCH~~ Has anyone else h ad this trouble..I was planning to visit canada with my friends..hmm..i have a RTD..any thoughts or any similar experiences?

Have you ever been to Canada? I mean have you ever applied for Canadian VISA? I have had twice but never had any problems. Again I am going to apply on Monday on my new RTD. You might want to reapply.

Even if i reapply she may deny my visa again..she put a stamp on my RTD>.she said i had "no reason" to go to canada..what a bunch of crap..should i waste another 55 dollars?

can't you just travel by land and go pass through the border? Going to Canada by land doesn't require to get a visa right? Which RTD do you have by the way? The old blue one or the new green one? How much before it expires? I don't think those reasons have anything to do with the Canadian consulate staff denying your visa though since you told us she said " you have no reason to travel to Canada."

I have the blue document. it expires July 2004. I can go through land but I Hope they dont give me trouble saying I was denied a visa and i am trying to enter again?

I suggest you get a visa before you go. If you dont have a green card or a GC stamp on white card they insist on a valid visa in your RTD. Have you tried writing to the consulate and justifying your need to visit Canada?

InQ4GC

Well I got denied a visa so how can I get a valid visa? Should i apply again? Its so fraeking funny. I have been to australia with a visa, Thailand, India, Germany, London..no one has given me any problems and freaking canada denies a visa?? what a bunch of crap..what can i do? Any suggestions? My canada visit is emergency..any ideas would be helpful

Thanks,

You DO need a visa to enter--unless they have changed their rules very recently.

Denials like yours are very very rare. And the denial reason you provided is very lame. You can go back to the consulate and request to speak to the manager. Or you can ask your Canadian friends to contact their MPs for assistance.

That said, remember that issuing a visa to a foreigner is discretionary.

Hey Jack!
Do you mean we don't need Canadian Visa on Green RTD which is the new one? Please advice and also proved the evidence (if possible) if that is the case. If this is the case, I would not go to Canadian consulate. I generally travel to Canada by road. I have new Green RTD. They have desinged it just like US passport.

Originally posted by Gilbert
You DO need a visa to enter--unless they have changed their rules very recently.

Denials like yours are very very rare. And the denial reason you provided is very lame. You can go back to the consulate and request to speak to the manager. Or you can ask your Canadian friends to contact their MPs for assistance.

That said, remember that issuing a visa to a foreigner is discretionary.

Gilbert,

You mean border crossing into Canada by land now requires a visa?

Originally posted by wantmygcnow
Well I got denied a visa so how can I get a valid visa? Should i apply again? Its so fraeking funny. I have been to australia with a visa, Thailand, India, Germany, London..no one has given me any problems and freaking canada denies a visa?? what a bunch of crap..what can i do? Any suggestions? My canada visit is emergency..any ideas would be helpful

Thanks,

Wantmygc,

Did the lady at the canadian consulate tell you why your visit to canada as a tourist is not acceptable to them?

Originally posted by Azadindian
Hey Jack!
Do you mean we don't need Canadian Visa on Green RTD which is the new one? Please advice and also proved the evidence (if possible) if that is the case. If this is the case, I would not go to Canadian consulate. I generally travel to Canada by road. I have new Green RTD. They have desinged it just like US passport.

I dunno for sure. I've never been to Canada, by land or air. But from what I've heard all you need for border crossing by land is your drivers license. May be they changed this policy?? Or border check points are stricter when threat level is raised to orange.
I really don't know the answer, hopefully someone who's travelled there recently by land will fill this in.

I asked for the reason. She said You dont have a valid reason to go for tourism. What's a valid reason for tourism? Do u have to invent something to visit a country?? Or do i have to show her the log of my dreams about canada..hence my thoughts of visiting it?

The funny thing is..just before me, a lady was fighting with her that she can't deny her canadian travel document(something about canadian law about having a PR car and not landing papers)..

That lady was like to the counselor that she will SEE her in Canada and make sure she gets fired...I think I went on a wrong day!

I can never go to canada??

Hey Wantmygcnow,
Sometime it depends on the employment too, that what you do in the United States. I have been to Canada many time without any problems in VISA or port of entry. I found the officers both sides very cordial and humble. Of course sometime they check you thoroughly. But I consider it very best as it is good for everyone's security. But I never ever had any problems. I am going for visa on Mon or Tue and let you know my exp.

Visists to Canada as an Asylee

I have had extensive experience in applying for Canadian visitor visa and have had mixed experience.

As far as the law goes my understanding is that an asylee is required to obtain a Canadian visa irrespective of what color travel document you have. Issuance of visa is entirely upto the discretion of the visa officer.

I have always found helpful to take following records:

Recent bank statements
Recent paystubs
Mortgage statemetns

These above documents help establish the fact that you live in United States and have ties here and you only want to visit temporarily abroad.

Regards,

hi, i have applied canadian visa 4 times and did not have problems at all
All i did was to give them those supporting document, document such as fund, school registration, even rent contract, anything that can prove i will go back to US after visits!
so just make sure u have strong evidence that u will go back, then i think there should not be any problems!

The main thing for rejecting an entry visa to canada is Employment related.If you have a stable job in the U.S. I am sure they will give you the visa with out problem.Or someting wrong with your answers for the simple questions they ask.

simple

If you have a green card, you can enter Canada without a visa. If you are still in asylum status, you will need a visa on your RTD. Arriving by air or land is not relevant.

Asylees and refugees have been able to easily obtain Canadian visas.

simple

If you have a green card, you can enter Canada without a visa. If you are still in asylum status, you will need a visa on your RTD. Arriving by air or land is not relevant.

Asylees and refugees have been able to easily obtain Canadian visas.