Canadian Tourist Visa in San Francisco??? URGEENT!! any opinions?

asyleedec2006

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys I am trying to get a Canadian Tourist Visa in San Francisco, I saw that the Consulate in LA provides the Visas and not the one in SF. Does anyone know about getting the Visa from Here in San Francisco? any other procedures? I called th embassy and they were not helpful at all an dI have no time to go to the consulate in person this week. Please Advise..!!!!! Urgent
By the way the Visa to be posted in mry RTD ofcourse. :)

It was very fast. I would say no longer than a week.
You have to make sure you send everything they need; Money order, pictures, ect.

Suerte.

You can send your RTD in the mail to the Canadian Embassy in Washington DC. I did that once, and has no problem. The best way is by FEDEX and you can send them a prepaid fedex or a prepaid envelope so they will send your RTD and visa back.

Good luck
:)

Oh that sounds great!!!. Thanks for the advise, how long did it take for you to get it back? no interview??? that sounds even better, I will take time off today from work and will go to the Embassy in SF to see if they can help me :)
thanks.!!! I will post what happened to see how helpful they are.

Gracias

I will apply by mail, I went to the Consulate today and eventhow the lady was smily and friendly, she was USELESS!!!!! She didn't know what an Asylee was, I had to give her an immigration class infront of 3 other people in line.

I told her I was Mexican with a RTD because I was an Asylee in the U.S!! and she will continue to tell me that I didn't need a VISA!!!!! and I had to ask her 3 times!!!!! GRRRRRRRR

What a Shame that a Canadian Employee working in a Consulate do not even know what classes of immigranst are out there!!!!
She kept insisting on me Using my National Passport. Again what a Shame.!!!!

All she told me was to contact the Los Angeles Office and that was all. Gave me a stupid email address that would probably wille never email back or email me back in the year 2020!!!

Completely Useless not worth the 5 dollars I spent in parking!!!!! and the two hours I took from my office.!!!!!
I don't even feel like going to Canada anymore!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Asyleedec2000;

Man you DONT need a visa.!!!!
I did because I'm Colombian, but Mexicans dont.

Don't worry about visa, with your RTD you are fine.

Suerte

I will apply by mail, I went to the Consulate today and eventhow the lady was smily and friendly, she was USELESS!!!!! She didn't know what an Asylee was, I had to give her an immigration class infront of 3 other people in line.

I told her I was Mexican with a RTD because I was an Asylee in the U.S!! and she will continue to tell me that I didn't need a VISA!!!!! and I had to ask her 3 times!!!!! GRRRRRRRR

What a Shame that a Canadian Employee working in a Consulate do not even know what classes of immigranst are out there!!!!
She kept insisting on me Using my National Passport. Again what a Shame.!!!!

All she told me was to contact the Los Angeles Office and that was all. Gave me a stupid email address that would probably wille never email back or email me back in the year 2020!!!

Completely Useless not worth the 5 dollars I spent in parking!!!!! and the two hours I took from my office.!!!!!
I don't even feel like going to Canada anymore!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

do you have your NP? couse she is right ....you don't need a visa to enter Canada if you use your MEXICAN NP.....but you need a RTD to enter the US back

Guys, I Know I don't need a Visa if I use my National Passport. But here I go with the dilema Isn't bad to Use National Passport to enter a Country and then Use RTD too enter back to the US? I mean, I tought that was bad to do, because I will be traveling with 2 travel documents and entering back the US the officer will ask me, where is the stamp in yourRTD????
I mean is a little tricky, I am willing to apply for the Visa on the RTD just to do the right thing. but if Using NP to get into Canada and RTD to get back into the US is ok, then I thin k I should just do that.!!!

Let's see.!!! It's so confusing. I tought that is not correct to use NP if we are asylees. HELP!!! LOL By the Way I do not have Green Card YET!

Last edited by a moderator:
Asyleedec200
You can not use your National passport. ALL asylees need to travel with a Refugee Travel Document, to come in or leave USA Until you become Permanent Resident,
The RTD says you are Mexican, so you don't need a visa in your RTD.

DO NOT TRAVEL WITH TWO DOCUMENTS. Only use RTD.

Smirnoff;

Please don't tell refugees/asylees to use their national passports, thats a very bad advise, their protection could be terminated.

Asyleedec200
You can not use your National passport. ALL asylees need to travel with a Refugee Travel Document, to come in or leave USA Until you become Permanent Resident,
The RTD says you are Mexican, so you don't need a visa in your RTD.

DO NOT TRAVEL WITH TWO DOCUMENTS. Only use RTD.

Smirnoff;

Please don't tell refugees/asylees to use their national passports, thats a very bad advise, their protection could be terminated.

1- he is not going back to his home country MEXICO he is going to CANADA for GOD sake its like crossing from NY to NJ why he must get a visa and pay for it when he can easily enter CANADA with his MEXICAN PASSPORT...
2- no they not going to let him enter CANADA with his RTD without visa they let MEXICAN PASSPORT holders to enter visa free .. you enter with RTD thats a different story...
3- thats my 2 cents and just use your common sense guys:)

Smirnoff,

Asylees can only travel with RTD. Don´t give wrong advise if you don´t know.

Read the fact sheet.

i dont understand why you attacking me?......you dont like my opinion ...fine ... you made your point..... but stop you give wrong advise and you dont know sh$%t attitude.....
grow up

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont understand why you attacking me?......you dont like my opinion ...fine ... you made your point..... but stop you give wrong advise and you dont know sh$%t attitude.....
grow up

HELLLLLOOOOOO. it's not about opinion, It's the law.
You grow up!!!!!

Guys,

Let us slow down and help each other..

If asyleedec2006 uses NP to travel to avoid VISA to canada then it is not a problem but you will need to present RTD to reenter USA which will automatically take you to Secondary room because you have 2 travel documents at hand.

Colombian PR is right all asylee needs RTD to reenter USA .

If the Visa to canada does not cost a penny, i would recommend getting a visa on RTD .

The visa to Canada is $180 dolares. But he does not need a visa because even though he has an Asylee status, he is still a Mexican. He is a mexican citizen.

Canadian Visa

Hey guys, so I am going to give you the final Answer,

After contacting the consulate of Canada in SF and Los Angeles.

This is the Final result!!!!

You do not require a Visa even if you are traveling qith your RTD because your place of birth was Mexico therefore you do not need a VISA!/
and those where her words and she even gave all that in wrtiting with the info of the Embassy so
I guess I am going to Canada without a VISA>

Thanks anyway and no I will never use my NP again that's for sure.

Thanks both of you./

When you come back please please share your experience with us especially at the POE.