Canadian RN I-485 denied

Congratulations!!! Nice to hear your good news. Please share your experience with somebody who need it in the future. Thanks.

Thank you for sharing

Thank you for sharing your experience with I-485 denial and MTR approval. It's been very encouraging to me.

I have similar case with California Service Center. The date to submit visascreen certificate was March 17 when I was still waiting for TSE result. I submitted VS on May 5 which was received by CSC on May 6th (FedEx delivery confirmation). My case was denied on May 20 which said that they do not have VS on record (2 wks after it was received). My attorney received the letter on May 24 and filed MTR on May 27. The case has been reopened today (on June 14th). Let's see what comes up next. My work permit expires on August 31. Hospital Director and Attorney talked about my case and asked me to continue working.

Will keep updated of the decision.

AOS approved

Today, I got email from INS.... the case has been approved. I am very happy today. It took only 30 days since we filed the MTR or only 35 days after denial.

VisaScreen Certificate

VisaScreen is a certificate that is a proof of:
a. your past and current licenses are unincumbered
b. your academic transcript is at par with US nurses
c. you have a good proficiency in English

For detail, look at
http://www.cgfns.org

MTR for my denied I-485

Hi Everyone, I am new to you guys and do need your kind helping on my case. I send two I-140 applications on Aug of 2002, one I-140 is EB1-2 (ourstanding researcher) another I-140 is EB2 (National interest waive,NIW). I send I-485 application with the reciept of EB1-2 on Oct of 2002. On Aug of 2003, my NIW (EB2) was approved. My lawyer said that I can transfer the basis of my I-485 from I-140 EB1-2 to my approved I-140( NIW) and send the request of transfer I-485 to TSC. My H1B visa expired on April 30 of 2004 and I use EAD to continue my job. On Feb 1, 2005 I get the NOID for my EB1-2 from USCIS. My lawyer suggested that I do need to reply because I had an approved I-140 which can base my I-485. But I reply to NOID by myself. May 24, 2005 I get the letter from USCIS to deny my I-140 EB1-2 and at same time USCIS deny my I-485. The reason USCIS denied my I-485 is" Underlying immigration visa petition is denied and our service record does not indicate the existence of another approved immigration visa petition upon which to base your I-485". My lawyer think that USCIS make some error, so he send MTR to USCIS and received by USCIS on June 13, 2005. My Question is: Do you think I can transfer the basis of I-485 to my approved I-140 ? Do you think USCIS will aprove my MTR? How long I need wait to know the result of MTR in TSC? If my I-485 can be transfer to another approved I-140, the error should come from USCIS. Under this situation, Can I continue to work with my EAD card? Thank you very much for your any suggestion.

This is very different situation that nurses' cases. However, I have read somewhere that if you have two I-140s, and one of them is approved, you can apply for I-485 based on that approved petition.

Your approved I-140 is NIV. I don't know if it is considered Employment based category or not. I have read on USCIS website that only employment based applicants can file for adjustment of status within 180 days of being out of status or working illlegally. You need to talk to a good lawyer.

May your MTR be approved. I wish you good luck!

Thank you so much for replying, rajan22. Very HAPPY to know I can reapply I-485 because my approved I-140 (NIW) is employment-base!!!!!! Thank you again rajan22.

One more question, need help!!!!!!, My H-1 visa expirated on April 30, 2004. Before Hi visa expiration, I submitted I-485 on Oct, 2002. My I-485 was denied on May 24, 2005. Do anybody knows which day is the first day for me to be out of status, the day my H-1 expired or the day USCIS denied my I-485. Any informations, ideas are wellcome and appreciated very much!!

the day your h1b visa expired. that is why a lot of immigration attorneys prefer that if one files an immigrant petition, they have still a valid visa with them, in order to lessen the chances of one being out of status if a greencard petition is denied.

anluckyman said:
Thank you so much for replying, rajan22. Very HAPPY to know I can reapply I-485 because my approved I-140 (NIW) is employment-base!!!!!! Thank you again rajan22.

One more question, need help!!!!!!, My H-1 visa expirated on April 30, 2004. Before Hi visa expiration, I submitted I-485 on Oct, 2002. My I-485 was denied on May 24, 2005. Do anybody knows which day is the first day for me to be out of status, the day my H-1 expired or the day USCIS denied my I-485. Any informations, ideas are wellcome and appreciated very much!!