Canadian PRs who live/work in US: Post your PR Card experience here

tt tt: can you tell me the email address of cic minister?

I want to send an email to the minister as tt tt did to get an official answer about some questions that I am having. However, I did find email address on cic website. Thanks!

I dont have it right now...

but I think I got it from the cic.gc.ca website...check the contact us part on th website.

tt tt:
Can you or anyone else tell me how long you waited before your call got access to an officer? I tried to call cic for several times, and it seemed that the line was always busy.

request for PR application

Has any one ordered the PR application by mail. If so could you please tell me how long did it take for you to receive the application by mail. I requested one three weeks back from the CIC order form on their web site, but I am yet to receive the forms. Has anyone received the forms any other way like maybe a Canadian immigration office or a consulate or some other place.

RAJ5

If you have provided US address for the PR Card forms they will not mail it to US address.
One of my friend requested Forms onCanada address from CIC website, and Forms were Recieved on Canada address in 2 weeks then Forms were mailed by my Friend relative to USA so that he can fill up and come to Canada to take the Photograpfs, to Notary some papers from Canada and then to mail them from Canada.

Thanks Ishwar for your reply. I did give my friend's address in Toronto. I gave the address of two of my friends in Toronto this time and I hope atleast one of them will receive the forms.

Re: PR card in person

Originally posted by dimple2001
Yes, one has to go to the CIC office to pick up the PR card. When you do, would they ask for an ID to prove who you are? If they do,, would they specifically request to see the drivers license - a canadian drivers license?

I'm guessing that the PR card is the new permanent resident card system that has been issued. The one that replaces the paper docs (IMM100 i think).

Can anyone please tell me how long does it take to receive the PR Card? Can I get it within a week? What if someone has to travel outside canada right away? Is there an expedited way to get the card by paying extra fees?

Thanks for your replies friends.