Canadian PR While US GC is in Progress

laborpained

Registered Users (C)
I had applied for Canadian PR in May 2002 while I was struck in labor for my US Green Card Application. In the menatime my US labor application got approved and I applied for I-140/485 concurrently in Vermont service centre in Nov. 2002. Still waiting for approval though.
In the second week of Nov. 2003 I got a letter form CIC that no interview is expected and asking me to submit my Medicals and FBI fingerprinting ( I had not sent finger prints withmy original application)
I have lived in US for last 7 years and would prefer to live here if granted Green card. However I had started Canadian PR in case I get into trouble with my US GC process. I have the following questions :
- Does any one see any problem in continuing with the Cnadian PR and US GC application simultaneously ?
- After I go ahead and submit the medicals and other information FBI finger prienting etc. What is the time line for various events that follow.
- What stage in the Cnadian PR process will I be contradicting my US Green Card application , if there is any contradiction.

Would appreciate your answers and please share your personal experiences if any in this regard.

Thanks

Thanks for your prompt reply.
The case discussed in that thread pertains to somebody who already has the USA GC. In my case I do not have the GC yet . I want to know does my accepting or going ahead with Canadian PR affect my US GC process ?

Does any one see any problem in continuing with the Cnadian PR and US GC application simultaneously ?

--- No, I am also in the I-485 stage from past 6 months and Canada PR is in process too.

After I go ahead and submit the medicals and other information FBI finger prienting etc. What is the time line for various events that follow.

-- it varies from case to case.

What stage in the Cnadian PR process will I be contradicting my US Green Card application , if there is any contradiction.

-- no contradiction, u can decide which one u want to keep when u get both.